my second a7s/shogun test in 4k

caseywilsondp

doing some camera tests for an upcoming feature and thought i'd share the results (after some not as ideal results from my first shoot)

full write up here if you're interested (with before/afters), but the main points:

12800 iso
exposed skin around %60 ire on fill side
used alisters one stop over film lut
denoised %30 in neat video (may eventually remove denoising as the grain isn't that unappealing)
shot with nikon zooms. 

some snippets from the dailies in 4k:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That is very impressive, great beauty lighting. Nice clean framing as well. Did you use the 28-70 ED?

I don't know why this happens with youtube, but the colours don't pop until the video is set to 1440p .

​thanks!

yeah the 28-70 ED. it's a pretty decent lens, but i think the 80-200 is sharper. both ghost more than i'd prefer, but good for the price.

and yeah im not sure why, but youtube actually does look better in higher resolutions even on monitors that don't support them... must be the compression gets somewhat negated in the down-resing process.