Best way to achieve overhead shot?

Nick Hughes

I've been doing some product videos for guitar pedals recently and have been having some trouble finding a good way to get a top-down shot from above the pedals. I've been rigging together a boom arm with a grip head at the end, holding a baby pin with a 1/4" thread, onto which I mount my GX7. It works okay, but it's really tough to make fine adjustments to the angle, especially since I'm booming it high up with a 135mm on a tight frame of the pedal. I'm going to try and set up the shot next time to the camera is lower down with a wider lens, but I'd still love to find a good way to possibly mount a lightweight tripod head in a sturdy fashion. I'm open to all kinds of ideas, my end goal is just that I'm able to easily adjust the camera and that the stand can be out of frame. What do you guys think?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs