Samsung NX1 firmware v1.21 up now

ESGI Media

The list of improvements

• Improved Drive speed under RAW, SAF, Continuous Normal setting
  • Optimized [Fast / Slow Movie] option of FHD 23.98p Movie size
  • Improved Touch AF performance during Movie recording
  • Fixed Smartphone synchronization of Time and Time Zone when you connect Bluetooth
  • Improved the purple noise issue of UHD 23.98p Movie size in the dark condition.
  • Fixed RAW file EXIF GPS information when you use the Geotagging under Smartphone Bluetooth connection
  • Movie STBY condition enable Drive dial button(AF/ISO/Metering/WB)

Installing it now :-)

Edit by EOSHD: link to download, go to URL below and click Support http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/smart-camera-camcorder/smart-nx/smart-nx/EV-NX1ZZZBZBGB (no need to use iLauncher app, you just download to your computer, unzip, copy the NX1.BIN firmware file to the SD card root directory and enter camera Device Info menu to update, fully charge battery first).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've read this newest update doesn't remedy the floating line issue that some of the NX1 users are experiencing. I only hope Samsung fixes this soon before adding features that we all want, but first things first. If they can do that, they are going to win over an even larger portion of this market.

• Administrators

Just tested the slow-mo, still aliasing as before. Oh well.

The next firmware should add an option for permanent display of movie standby mode. I'd much rather frame and expose in that without having to press the standby button EVERY TIME or switch photo mode from 3:2 to 16:9. The standby mode image is sharper and shows live-preview of Gamma DR and pic profile settings.

They also need to find a way to improve the quality of the magnified focus assist and for us to move it around the frame, should go to GH4 standard or 5D Mark III level on that. It's very soft as it is.

Keep the updates rolling Samsung, you're doing a great job here.

Nice! And I agree with you Andrew we need an option to turn around this "stand by mode". For example an inverse standby mode - gets u to photo mode when u press it.

A better focus assist with the ability to move around the mf assist.

And I would sell all my m43 stuff if samsung gave us 60fps UHD !!! Come on guys !!

One new feature in the update that seem useless is you can press a back button you set up and the iso pops up on the back screen when recording but is kind of useless as it pops up over the top of the exposure guide so how are you are going to set it with out seeing what to set it to?

They need to make the back round dial two functions so you can click on one of the back arrows and the round dial is ISO then click again and it is audio levels. This was you can keep your F stop setting and shutter speed when shooting and bring up or down the ISO when needed.

Let us map focus peaking to a button as it is right now when you have a finder covering the back screen you can not turn on and off the peaking to use it when shooting with a manual lens.

Let us map the top of camera dial to video settings for C1 and C2.. so you can set up 1 as 4k video set like you want and C2 to a slomo setting for very quick change over when shooting. It would be so cool to be able to go from 4k to slomo in a half second and back for more creative shooting.

Let us map the top of camera dial to video settings for C1 and C2.. so you can set up 1 as 4k video set like you want and C2 to a slomo setting for very quick change over when shooting. It would be so cool to be able to go from 4k to slomo in a half second and back for more creative shooting.

​This. Anyone have a contact at Samsung? It's one of the things I find most annoying coming from the GH4.

I've noticed quite a few videos of the NX1 showcasing some really really weird jitter, almost like someones twisting the camera side to side ever so slightly at a really fast frequency. Has anyone else noticed this? Ideally I would like to get this camera + the nikon sigma 18-35mm, and I know that means no OIS.

I've noticed quite a few videos of the NX1 showcasing some really really weird jitter, almost like someones twisting the camera side to side ever so slightly at a really fast frequency. Has anyone else noticed this? Ideally I would like to get this camera + the nikon sigma 18-35mm, and I know that means no OIS.

​You're probably noticing the rolling shutter. A user from DVXuser compiled information of the sensor readouts of several cameras, and the NX1 at UHD tops the list. Although interestingly enough, at 1080p the NX1 is ahead of the pack by a large margin. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?303559-Measuring-rolling-shutter-put-a-number-on-this-issue!

If you're looking for a camera without those weird wave like motions/ jitters, you'd have to either look for cameras with global shutter (e.g. Blackmagic Production Camera 4k), or look for cameras that have an exceptional IBIS like the Olympus E-M5 Mark II. With the E-M5, you could use the Nikon Sigma 18-35mm lens even though it doesn't have OIS. Or if you're dead-set with the NX1, you can combine it with a Nebula 4000 lite and greatly reduce the effect.

If it's true that Samsung is updating the NX1's firmware monthly, then I hope it sets a precedent for other camera companies. It's most likely due to its advanced processor and flexible OS that they can update it so frequently. Although it's always nice to have new features that affect the image, I agree with the above sentiments that the next updates should provide more flexibility to the user experience of a videographer.