Buying the FS700 with kit lense in Australia?

daomay

Hi guys,

I hope this message find you well. I visit this site almost everyday.

I am looking to purchase the FS 700 with the Kit Lense here in Victoria, Australia. I know it come out on the 15th of July. I was wondering where can I buy it from? I don't want to purchase it from the US because I want to keep my warranty within Australia.

If there is anyones here from Australia that visit this site quiet often. Please advise me where I could get it from. It would be much appreciated. I have been saving for over 6 months and it about time I am going to be able to get my hand on this marvelous camera.

Kind regards,
Daomay Keo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[size=18pt][/size][quote author=daomay link=topic=871.msg6306#msg6306 date=1340192303]
Hi guys,

I hope this message find you well. I visit this site almost everyday.

I am looking to purchase the FS 700 with the Kit Lense here in Victoria, Australia. I know it come out on the 15th of July. I was wondering where can I buy it from? I don't want to purchase it from the US because I want to keep my warranty within Australia.

If there is anyones here from Australia that visit this site quiet often. Please advise me where I could get it from. It would be much appreciated. I have been saving for over 6 months and it about time I am going to be able to get my hand on this marvelous camera.

Kind regards,
Daomay Keo
[/quote]

[size=14pt][size=12pt][size=14pt]Probably best to contact Sony Oz or search for good online stores, where it may be a little cheaper[/size][/size][/size]

G'Day fellow Victorian,

I'd suggest Lemac in Richmond. http://www.lemac.com.au/Products/SonyNEX-FS700.aspx
They do rentals to the Australian film industry and are professional. You might be able to find a cheaper price online, but at Lemac you know they're gonna look after you.

Cheers

[quote author=Tim link=topic=871.msg6392#msg6392 date=1340439556]
G'Day fellow Victorian,

I'd suggest Lemac in Richmond. http://www.lemac.com.au/Products/SonyNEX-FS700.aspx
They do rentals to the Australian film industry and are professional. You might be able to find a cheaper price online, but at Lemac you know they're gonna look after you.

Cheers
[/quote]

yes, that's true

I did contact lemac and they are selling it for $11000 inc GST but if I get my friend to get it for me in the US, it is only $8500. even if he has to pay duty tax it still work out to be cheaper. He will be going in August for 2 weeks.

I don't know if I want to wait till August, I want to have it in July cause I am so excited about this camera hehe. I have about $11500 - I was hoping to get the mac pro retina display laptop to go with my new toy.

Can't decided.

[quote author=daomay link=topic=871.msg6403#msg6403 date=1340467765]
I did contact lemac and they are selling it for $11000 inc GST but if I get my friend to get it for me in the US, it is only $8500. even if he has to pay duty tax it still work out to be cheaper. He will be going in August for 2 weeks.

I don't know if I want to wait till August, I want to have it in July cause I am so excited about this camera hehe. I have about $11500 - I was hoping to get the mac pro retina display laptop to go with my new toy.

Can't decided.
[/quote]

if he just orders it rather than go there, it will be cheaper

[quote author=MOONGOAT link=topic=871.msg6409#msg6409 date=1340475763]
It's the biggest fucking joke buying retail in Australia. We get ripped off beyond belief, and the government has the audacity to call it a problem and try and tax us harder on overseas purchases. Makes my blood boil...
[/quote]

exactly.  Many products are like that.  Cameras, Medical drugs, motorcycles and cars, Apple Mac stuff.  One of our pollies was holding an inquiry re Apple computer prices to get prices lowered.

No such luck yet by the looks of those prices on the Apple store

I contact my friends in Thailand and they said the FS700 in Thailand will be around $8700 with the kit lens come July. I might book a ticket to Thailand with jetstar for $650 return, buy it in Bangkok and mail the manual from Bangkok to my home address here in Melbourne. I get to party in Bangkok and shoot some test video for 5 days. I have been shopping around and I don't trust some of these site that ask me to deposit my money into they account first before I see my camera.