A7S Questions

ddire14

Couple of quick questions regarding my A7s if anyone can shed some light.

1. When I'm filming in Movie mode my shutter speed automatically goes to into auto mode? I have no control over setting the shutter manually?? I presume this can be fixed easily. 

2. I just bought a Rode Video Mic, when I plug it in and have it in Manual mode the audio control button in the menu is grayed out, is there a way of controlling/ viewing the mic levels when not in Movie Mode?

3. Was testing in 50fps last night, in the viewfinder the framing was on a wide shot, but when I press record the frame auto goes into a medium shot? Two completely different shots? 

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Couple of quick questions regarding my A7s if anyone can shed some light.

1. When I'm filming in Movie mode my shutter speed automatically goes to into auto mode? I have no control over setting the shutter manually?? I presume this can be fixed easily. 

2. I just bought a Rode Video Mic, when I plug it in and have it in Manual mode the audio control button in the menu is grayed out, is there a way of controlling/ viewing the mic levels when not in Movie Mode?

3. Was testing in 50fps last night, in the viewfinder the framing was on a wide shot, but when I press record the frame auto goes into a medium shot? Two completely different shots? 

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks  

1.​ you probably have auto slow shutter enabled. in menu go to the camera tab, then page 7. check to make sure it's turned off.

3. when you frame with the lcd instead of the viewfinder, does the same thing happen? try changing aps-c mode from auto to off.