12 Cameras Compared in a Studio (incl: GH4, BMPC, 5D3, FS700, KineRaw Mini, 1DC, Dragon, F55, Alexa)

jcs

http://www.4kshooters.net/2014/08/20/12-cameras-blind-test-bmpc-4k-bmpcc-gh4-arri-alexa-red-epicdragon-6k-sony-f55-fs700-kineraw-mini-canon-c500-5d-mark-iii-1dc/

When viewed on the internet, the differences between many cameras may not be significant. Many of the examples could look better when looking at skin tones. The differences show the challenges of working with color, even by experienced colorists.

• Note the banding on the red cylinder on the left on the 1DC vs. 5D3 RAW (none). However the 5D3 RAW has green skin (easily fixable)
  • KineRaw looks pretty good next to Alexa (would expect the Alexa to look better)
  • The Dragon skin tones look much better than Epic
  • F55 skin tones look pretty good
  • FS700 skin tones look flat but color is OK
  • BPCC Speedbooster looks much better than without SB (noise)
  • GH4 looks OK (kind of flat color), lower noise than BPCC with SB

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I saw those tests a while back, and if I remember correctly, at least on one test, the 1dc's white balance was set incorrectly and I think they added grain?? 

I think you can download as well to avoid web compression.  Will have to re-watch

http://www.4kshooters.net/2014/08/20/12-cameras-blind-test-bmpc-4k-bmpcc-gh4-arri-alexa-red-epicdragon-6k-sony-f55-fs700-kineraw-mini-canon-c500-5d-mark-iii-1dc/

When viewed on the internet, the differences between many cameras may not be significant. Many of the examples could look better when looking at skin tones. The differences show the challenges of working with color, even by experienced colorists.

• Note the banding on the red cylinder on the left on the 1DC vs. 5D3 RAW (none). However the 5D3 RAW has green skin (easily fixable)
  • KineRaw looks pretty good next to Alexa (would expect the Alexa to look better)
  • The Dragon skin tones look much better than Epic
  • F55 skin tones look pretty good
  • FS700 skin tones look flat but color is OK
  • BPCC Speedbooster looks much better than without SB (noise)
  • GH4 looks OK (kind of flat color), lower noise than BPCC with SB

This test is also very old, you should have stated that.......  Very Poor as well and I agree with Andrew