Canon 8-48mm f/1.0 C-mount?

leoblack9

I've been reading a lot on the different kinds of C-mount lenses that could be adapted to the powerful GH2 and then I stumbled upon this lens in a Japanese surplus store, which I swiped in a heartbeat.

Along with the Cosmicar/Pentax 8-48mm f/1.0 I learned that this lens may be one of the fastest zoom lenses useable on the GH2 for its ETC mode. Now I want to sell it and want to ask some folks around here how much would they pay for an unmodified version of this lens.

As for asking why I am I asking here, as you can see my place of origin (Ph) has no market for these kinds of things so I am left with the option to sell these internationally even with the painfully high postage fees.

Here are pictures for those curious to see
[url=http://imageshack.us/g/254/img7781p.jpg/]http://imageshack.us/g/254/img7781p.jpg/[/url]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
The last one I saw of these went for around $150 on eBay. You may get much more for it if you prove its worth with some good quality samples from the lens in ETC mode.

The problem with F1.0 in ETC mode is that you still get far better low light performance (less noise) and a shallower DOF in normal video mode with a modern F2.8 zoom.

[quote author=Andrew Reid link=topic=864.msg6287#msg6287 date=1340141923]
The last one I saw of these went for around $150 on eBay. You may get much more for it if you prove its worth with some good quality samples from the lens in ETC mode.

The problem with F1.0 in ETC mode is that you still get far better low light performance (less noise) and a shallower DOF in normal video mode with a modern F2.8 zoom.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Andrew, but do you think buyers would still consider it with a $50 shipping fee?

Well I can understand the part of having a shallower dof, but I find it hard to believe that a 2.8 zoom in normal video mode would beat the f/1.0. How did you come to that conclusion? Just asking.