WOWZA - CANON HIGH RES IS HERE

zenpmd

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yawn, I couldn't be less interested. The video specs will be underwhelming (is anyone actually expecting anythibg decent from Canon? Lol)

They are notorious for protecting their Cinema EOS line so this is going to be underspecced for video with the same shitty for video DSLR form factor and complete lack of decent video functions.

This is good because we are most likely using a sony sensor but with canon colour science, great

But To me, and the reason for creating this post, is that it is clear that it is not a replacement for the 5dm3. . And most of all, because this is so high mega pizel, and only to 6400, then a 24meg one or similar is DEFO around the corner, which will likely have great video specs, following on from the general heritage of the 5d line and be an ultimate all round cam. If they came out with, I dunno 30meg there it would be less clear what the plan is

Remember to grab an Otus and shoot 3 stops closed down to deliver 50mpx onto that sensor.  And I hope they have the ability to read all 50mpx at once, without rolling shutter.  I think not and as such the new 5d will be worse than the 5dmk3 due to line skipping of 3/4 of the pixels.  

Sony on the other hand will respond with a 50+mpx camera with a sensor size that actually allows such resolutions to be a design benefit.  The D800E pushes even the Otus to its limits of resolving power, and that's the best (technically) 35mm format lens ever made.  For more mpx you need physically more image area for it to be worthwhile IMO.