Olympus E-M5ii to feature 24fps video

Nick Hughes

Actually... according http://digicame-info.com/2015/01/post-678.html an E-M1 firmware update will be announced soon as well...

The E-M1 being the flagship camera, not quite about to be replaced just yet, I hope they'll finally keep it in the running with some firmware magic... maybe it ul keep up with the M5II videowise. Time will tell.​

I just hope E-M1 gets the video improvements because I would hate to sell it. Coupled with the 25/T0.95 is a joy to use.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

New e-m5II will have a better codec, they promise around 75mb/s. I am wondering how good it would be this compretion compering to other 1080p, like d750 or 5d mark3 not Raw, and so on. I have the old m5 right nw and the compresion now is around 13mb/s, really, in full hd 1080p. And still due to the nice sensor you have a lot of details. But the limitation of the compresor will destroy the info in the shadows and whenever is a wide frame with a lot of info to process, like lanscape, trees or something. i am really looking forward to see how the new compresion will deal with this kind of situations. Since the sensor is exactly the same, the ibis is a liilte bit improved, and the codec is almost 6x better then the previous....should be a visible improvment in quality for the video mode. If so, i bet will have a contender for the full hd 1080p category. what do you think?