Olympus E-M5ii to feature 24fps video

Nick Hughes

From 43 rumors.

– The body is Magnesium alloy body
– The body is dust and water sealed with resistance to low temperatures (Just like the E-M1)
– 16MP sensor (Same E-M5 16MP sensor)
– TruePic VII Image processing engine
– 5-axis camera shake correction (effective 5 stop correction)
– Video 60p full HD
– Video 24fps
– 77Mbps bit rate
– Touch 3 inches 1.04 million dot Vari-angle LCD monitor.
– 2.36 million dot EVF
– Camera in keystone correction
– Live Composite
– Wi-Fi built-in. Remote control from the smartphone
– Hi-Res composite shooting functions of 40MP (eight shots at 0.5 pixel step I to produce an image of 40MP)

Nice. Interested to see how the sensor shift tech will actually work out. 

Also, some pricing info:

- E-M5II body: 900 £
- E-M5II + 12-50mm kit: 1100 £
- E-M5II + 14-150mm kit: 1250 £
- E-M5II + 12-40mm Pro Kit: 1500 £
- Grip HLD-8 (HLD-8G & HLD-6P): 200 £
- Grip HLD-8G: 130 £
- Flash FL-LM3: 70 £
- 14-150mm F4-5.6 II: 550 £ 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

I just know if I buy this I will sell it in 6 months when the 4K E-M2 comes out.

Bit of a shame because it looks good for a 1080p cam.

I wish manufacturers would not compel us to buy every model before giving us what we want just a year later.

My E-M1 is going on eBay and I've only had it a year!

I don't know, the stabiliser is great for stills too and the 40MP composites might be interesting if they turn out well.

​From what I hear, the 40mp sensor shift shots will only be useful for tripod shooting, which isn't so bad for a lot of the people who actually need 40mp (landscape). 

@Hitfabryk I agree would be great.  I am using my E-M1 in a similar way, I find its great for medium/close ups with pretty good detail but the codec gets a bit muddy with wide, high detail shots -so I use my GH3 or GoPro for those if possible.  Despite its weaknesses its hard to give up the IBIS, with the E-M1 I can shoot 150mm (300mm in FF) handheld with no rig, and get very usable results.

Don't hold your breath.. And is a camera having 24p really a reason to create a thread in 2015?

They are so far behind in the race it has been clear up until this point that they aren't even racing at all.. Which is frustrating because they make great cameras (love the E-M1 controls) have the best IBIS on the market and make great lenses. 

Unfortunately I have a feeling that other companies are going to adopt IBIS (and get Olympus level results) before Olympus get serious about video.. Panasonic did it poorly with their GX7 and SONY are going down the same path with the a7 series, 2 companies that already do infinitely better in video

Don't get me wrong.. I would snap up an E-M1 with decent video capabilities.. OR an NX1 OR GH4 with Olympus like IBIS.

Wouldnt sell your EM1 just yet... remember the whole widely reported firmware thing last year that turned out to be a hoax. The source is the same website

Although, they rated this rumour as FT5 though, meaning it's pretty much guaranteed to be true. Plus, this is launching very soon, they should have correct information by now.

Take anything rated below 5/5 with a large grain of salt. Not that they are always wrong; this site posted as an unconfirmed rumour that Blackmagic were developing an active Micro 4/3rds camera six months before the pocket was announced.

• Administrators

Wouldnt sell your EM1 just yet... remember the whole widely reported firmware thing last year that turned out to be a hoax. The source is the same website

​Not.

The source for the EM1 4K firmware hoax was a guy who fed misleading info to 43rumors. The site itself didn't invent it.

The hoax was quite elaborate and convincing, with even firmware files being available for download which would then install A-OK on the camera, but not change much. I believe it was a menu hack.

The EM-5 II is definitely coming and the specs are right.

Actually... according http://digicame-info.com/2015/01/post-678.html an E-M1 firmware update will be announced soon as well...

The E-M1 being the flagship camera, not quite about to be replaced just yet, I hope they'll finally keep it in the running with some firmware magic... maybe it ul keep up with the M5II videowise. Time will tell.