Go Cuba - A7s video

mojo43

Hey guys, I just posted my new vid called GO Cuba. It was shot with an A7s in Cine4, Pro colour mode. Hope you like it.

PS. How do you embed videos again?

EOSHD replies: Just paste the URL in. If it doesn't work first time, edit the post, remove the hyperlink from the Vimeo URL and paste the URL back in again, then press enter to go onto a new line and the video should show up.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Great piece. I loved "GO" as well.  My wife and I are doing a few months in Central and South America next year and Cuba will be a part of our itinerary. 

Thanks, I am pretty sure you will love it. We have been to SA as well Cuba just as amazing and maybe a little better. It's hard to beat Bolivia though :)

1. The opening shot of all the Cuba signs was just the best thing ever. 

2. How did you get to Cuba and how much did it cost? 

​Thanks Zach, I am Canadian so we just flew from our home town. I believe that Americans (if that is where you are?) can fly to Mexico or Jamaica and then take another flight to Cuba. It's a bit more effort, but well worth the travel. It is like stepping back in time. Sadly I am pretty sure things will be changing very quickly over there.

Thanks, I am pretty sure you will love it. We have been to SA as well Cuba just as amazing and maybe a little better. It's hard to beat Bolivia though :)

​Thanks Zach, I am Canadian so we just flew from our home town. I believe that Americans (if that is where you are?) can fly to Mexico or Jamaica and then take another flight to Cuba. It's a bit more effort, but well worth the travel. It is like stepping back in time. Sadly I am pretty sure things will be changing very quickly over there.

​Yes, I'm in the US. Just a quick swim away in Texas :) I do want to visit before it changes much and photograph the place. That'd be one hell of a place for a photo shoot

Great colours coming off the A7s.
Some of the night shots had a bit too much of a blueish tint for my liking, but overal very impressive!
Did you add stock grain on top of the footage, or is that (appealing) noise coming from the A7s itself?

And I am just as impressed with the sound editing on this one.
Would love to learn more about how that process goes.
Do you have any tips or tutorial suggestions maybe? :)

Thanks everyone. I layered grain over everything up until the fireworks. Everything after that is a7s grain. The sound is layered on clip by clip. I use sounds from freesound.org as well as I record my own. The sound usually takes longer than the edit and grade. I am getting pretty fast at those, but sound takes time.

I am not sure if I can recommend a tutorial. I would say go and watch Matty Brown's videos and listen to what he does. He is brilliant!