XAVC-S or AVCHD?

Hitfabryk

It's probably addressed many times but I can't find it in the archives.. It looks that my card cannot handle XAVC-S and my A7S doesn't  (Sandisk Extreme Plus >3-10<  80mbs 32gb) allow 

me to put in that mode..?.. Do I need another card and should I film in XAVC-S or is AVCHD as good for 1080p? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

indeed.  you need 64gb cards for xavc-s.  they donlt actually need to be crazy fast.  but have to be sdxc cards.

avchd on the a7s is pretty good since it's originating from a full sensor readout.  however xavc-s is around twice the bitrate so theoretically it should be better quality.  I imagine very few people have done a direct comparison between avchd and xavc-s, and I'd bet there isn't much difference.  the fs100 and fs700 recorded to avchd and their images always looked good to me - as do the c100 avchd files.

indeed.  you need 64gb cards for xavc-s.  they donlt actually need to be crazy fast.  but have to be sdxc cards.

avchd on the a7s is pretty good since it's originating from a full sensor readout.  however xavc-s is around twice the bitrate so theoretically it should be better quality.  I imagine very few people have done a direct comparison between avchd and xavc-s, and I'd bet there isn't much difference.  the fs100 and fs700 recorded to avchd and their images always looked good to me - as do the c100 avchd files.

All comes when grading and detail of scene, with heavy motion (water) avchd would definitely show more artifacts vs xavc-s as well noted earlier when grading. If doing a normal talking head with your camera on sticks in a controlled setting, no one could probably ever tell.... If shooting a long 4+ hour even I would probably use avchd for space saver, but anything short and best image quality I would shoot all my material in the highest form (Xavc-s)

All comes when grading and detail of scene, with heavy motion (water) avchd would definitely show more artifacts vs xavc-s as well noted earlier when grading. If doing a normal talking head with your camera on sticks in a controlled setting, no one could probably ever tell.... If shooting a long 4+ hour even I would probably use avchd for space saver, but anything short and best image quality I would shoot all my material in the highest form (Xavc-s)

Thanks guy's,  soon  I will give XAVC-S it a try..my first start was with AVCHD, because I only have this 32gb card. And I have to say I am already impressed after 2 day's trying. Especially the IQ and low light performance. I think I can change my light set in the studio for a more cost effective led light's. And if there is a power problem I could still use candles :)