NX1 new focus on off feature video

DigitalEd

I made this video today testing the new feature of the NX1 using the Manual focus on - Manual focus off push button.

Every new pan or people moving in closer I re-focused using the push button focus for a second or less then it is locked into Manual focus. Was lucky to come across this fun group playing drums on the beach at sunset for the test footage.
Recorded in the New HD Pro setting with all in camera auto. 

If you see any exposure going up or down most on the last clip it is me changing settings or moving the ND filter i have on..its not exposure drift. It was getting darker fast as this was shot at sunset.

https://vimeo.com/117133557

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I made this video today testing the new feature of the NX1 using the Manual focus on - Manual focus off push button.

Every new pan or people moving in closer I re-focused using the push button focus for a second or less then it is locked into Manual focus. Was lucky to come across this fun group playing drums on the beach at sunset for the test footage.
Recorded in the New HD Pro setting with all in camera auto. 

If you see any exposure going up or down most on the last clip it is me changing settings or moving the ND filter i have on..its not exposure drift. It was getting darker fast as this was shot at sunset.

https://vimeo.com/117133557

​Can you state the Mb per second in the new PRO setting for HD?  in H.265?

Well, I was able to slap an old Soligor 135mm lens on my new NX1 and did some simple tests. What I'm noticing is the viewfinder will bloom from a high contrast to low contrast scene, but that isn't being recorded. From these early tests, I don't see this blooming at all. I really like the feel of this camera, and the still images look fantastic. Even if this turns out to be somewhat plagued with bugs on the video end, I would still be tempted to keep this camera just to take stills. One stupid question I would like to ask is if there's a way to punch in for a magnified focus assist with an adapted lens? Lots to learn!

Well, I was able to slap an old Soligor 135mm lens on my new NX1 and did some simple tests. What I'm noticing is the viewfinder will bloom from a high contrast to low contrast scene, but that isn't being recorded. From these early tests, I don't see this blooming at all. I really like the feel of this camera, and the still images look fantastic. Even if this turns out to be somewhat plagued with bugs on the video end, I would still be tempted to keep this camera just to take stills. One stupid question I would like to ask is if there's a way to punch in for a magnified focus assist with an adapted lens? Lots to learn!

​Press the OK button, that should do it. At least that's how it usually works on NX cameras.

Its the AFON button that dose it. One push turns AF on next push turns off AF off locking in that focus for you  I think i had to set it up in the menu for this to work. I am very happy with it for what little i tested it. One thing i did see that may be my fault is some time if i had something on both sides in the frame and wanted to focus past the side items into the center it would not focus in the center even with the center focus point on the center thing i wanted to focus on it would lock on focus onto one of the items in the side of the frame and i was using single center focus point. Will have to play with that some more to see what up with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi friends

I must be retarded but I cannot find out how to do this push button focusing. It seems to work when looking in EVF but when activating start-button then the camera focuses automatically..

This function is a really helpful tool so appreciate if someone can explain..

cheers

ron