New NX1 Issue

Stakers

Okay, so I've been following this forum and website for awhile now, but just recently started posting. The NX1's offerings intrigued me when Andrew got his hands on his, so I decided to get it rather than the GH4 regardless of the multiple accounts of "exposure drift" people had been talking about. Got mine two days ago, I'm running stock firmware, and no exposure drift... However... I recently discovered this fun little feature:

For whatever reason, a line that has a different value has appeared. Didn't notice it the first two days of owning the camera and I've hardly even had a chance to use it other than to take a couple videos to check the exposure drift issue and and some photos here and there. The thing is, it only shows up on DCI mode. UHD and FHD are both free of this issue. You can see the line moving as I change the shutter speed (I've included what shutter speed I'm at). First video is just an example of what's happening. Second video is with no lens shooting ISO 6400 (and yes, this line is visible in all ISOs) with my hand cupping the front of the camera. 

Any one else have this issue?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had something like that for the first time the other night but mine showed thick bands of the dark lines was very strange.

What i found was the battery was super low almost dead and out of power so after putting in another battery it was all gone shooting the same thing.

Have you tried a good charged battery and test it?

DCI Mode is cropped and upscaled from UHD anyway as Andrew wrote in his article. So best quality is with UHD Mode.

​I must have missed that when I read through that article. Thanks for the tip!

Try 25p instead of 24p.

​The issue is present in DCI mode at both 25p and 24p. Still not sure what's causing it, but if UHD is indeed the better format to shoot in, then it's not so much of an issue for me (just need v.1.20 to drop so I can shoot 24p in UHD rather than 30p or 25p). It's a weird bug... it doesn't happen right away. It kind of "warms up" to that area in the top left. Starts of even across the frame and then there's a weird flicker and line that changes position with the shutter speed. 

Hey Stakers, have you found a solution to this issue yet? I just purchased the Nx1 and found the same exact issue. Walked through 1.1 and 1.2 updates and it doesn't appear to have been fixed.  All UHD and DCI video in the 24p and 25p manual recording modes shows this shutter related issue. 

I wouldn't say I found a fix per se, but when I updated from 1.10 to 1.20 I haven't noticed it at all. Mine was only doing it in DCI, so it was easily avoidable as UHD has a better quality image. Just tested it out again and it's not there. Sorry I can't help much. 

You know what, on further inspection it actually is still happening. It's there in DCI @ 24fps and UHD @ 24fps and 23.98fps... Strangely enough it doesn't show up on UHD @ 30fps. Stranger still, it appears the same on both DCI and UHD 24fps, but going to UHD 23.98fps the line goes all the way across the frame and is reversed (darker on top, lighter on the bottom). Hmm... This is puzzling as I didn't notice any issue all weekend long.