Cinelux 1.5x Anamorphic Adapter

JohnBarlow

Pre amble

As you all know, the Schneider Cinelux anamorphic is a 2x CinemaScope consisting of 4 glass elements in a 2 group configuration, in optical shorthand 4e/2g, using some exotic glass like Schott SF55 and such. It is primarily designed for flat-projection spherical taking lenses.
Currently the only significant support for the single focus 1.5x aesthetic is wholly owned by the Iscoramas, although Rectilux will support the 1.5x Bolex/Mollers, shortly.

Description

However, sitting on a computer in my design office is a computation for a 1.5x Cinelux.....
The 1.5x Cinelux requires optics to be fabricated to perform this feat of engineering and will be rehoused in a smaller casing approximately 2/3 length from 105mm, the current length at infinity focus.

Pricing

I have run the numbers and I can give an approximate pricing based on a 50 customer payload.
Price is 300-350 GBP and of course you will need to purchase a Cinelux 2x as a donar lens.

It will be a self assembly deal.

My responsibility will be to provide interested parties with the housings, additional optics, mountings and assembly guides.
The 'MiniLux' as i refer to it, will be compatible with Rectilux 3FF-W, single focus attachment as standard. The extra shortness and lightweightedness is of course a bonus.

If you are interested, please register your interest below or via this email, 
john@transferconvert.co.uk

best

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs