Dell IPS 4K monitor

AaronChicago

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I got the LG 17:9 4K 31" and I find 4K leaps and bounds better than the 30" 2560x1600 I've had before. It's like stated before, switching from an old mobile phone to a new one with 4 times the resolution. It's so much less pixely. I also love the screen estate, I now run three browsers next to each other. UI scaling isn't that big of a deal on Win 8.1 anymore. Mac is a bit more problematic though, I've heard. Dunno bout the Dell, but the LG I can almost wholeheartedly recommend (the red shift off to the sides is a bit annoying, but as far as I understand the only top alternatives are the Eizos, which means a few hundred bucks more for the model without Adobe RGB and a few thousand once the model with the 10 bit panel and Color Management comes out (no option for me).

• Administrators

You can definitely tell a large difference on a desk where viewing distances are tiny. I also enjoy the extra real estate for editing and my OS. Going back to 2.5K feels cramped and much softer.

The Mac makes it easier on your eyes with the retina scaling options. I don't recommend reading the web on a 27" 4K display at 1:1.

Typo in the title. It's 5120 x 2880, like it says in the specs. Most probably the same panel as the 5K iMac.

HP also introduced one: http://nofilmschool.com/2015/01/hp-new-27-inch-5k-4k-monitor

Probably more will follow soon this year. Was the same story with the 2.5K 27" iMac. After that was introduced the stand alone monitors followed quickly.

This one seems pretty nice. It's 31.5". It uses multistream input though, which isn't a huge deal if you're using one monitor.

http://www.asus.com/News/L9xTPmmMwTlPMq5l

Well, 4K@60Hz via MST is kinda like a hack, I think it's better to choose a monitor with SST, or maybe wait for a good HDMI2.0 monitor. There's the 32 inch Asus PA328Q but it costs a lot. For that you also need a new GPU of course, like the GTX 970/980.

Could do with going for 30" for 4K. Any good ones?

​Like I said, the LG 31MU97 is great except the red shift to the sides. The panel is super sharp and it is 17:9 which I really love for the extra horizontal working space. It has 99.5% AdobeRGB, you can hardware calibrate it directly and you can even use separate calibrations for each side of the screen, so you can really compare differences (it's still modern single stream). It does DCI as well. No PWM, either. I would only exchange it for the $4k Eizo that will be released in a few months. Comes at a price, though, about 1300 Euros.

Okay, a bit of bad news. The second P2715Q does daisychain via Displayport from the first monitor at 60Hz, however it's only mirrored. I had to run the second monitor via HDMI which only runs 30Hz. I've set the second display up as my Program monitor only, so I won't ever notice a difference, but if you are wanting smooth 60Hz on the second monitor you'll need a second Displayport output from your computer.

I found a semi-inexpensive fix. The new GTX 960 graphics cards can run up to three 4k monitors at 60Hz. They're $200 so I just went ahead and upgraded.

I think they are the cheapest now with HDMI2.0 support. And while the 970/980 only have encoding support for HEVC, this one also has decoding support. Which brand did you buy?