NX1 exposure drift problem FIX

DigitalEd

I have the new firmware loaded in now for what i tested last night i need to test more but i do think it is controlled better now then before but if its to bright past the camera setting it still blooms as it should maybe a little less now.

​Where did you get the new firmware? I talked to Samsung this morning and they said they've not released it yet.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

​Where did you get the new firmware? I talked to Samsung this morning and they said they've not released it yet.

​Seems like it was posted and then pulled.  Unclear if they're just waiting to launch it or if there was a bug that required it to be pulled.

I did it last night after many others posted it they say say it still works if you do it by wifi from your camera right from Samsung... I am loading in a video now showing many of the different settings of the DR, Focus speed and a few other things.

I want to see what setting i want to shoot in - it has so many now.. 

Some people are getting it here 

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/5b787d754d8cbf4cf9cb67bf0762ddf820150116150450/5fef97

I got it last night same place a lot of people did it was posted on facebook with links and a few other sites but then Samsung pulled it down today it looks like. I have it and it works but the new gamma logs do not seem to do anything they are the same i have shot testing with all of them on the same area and you can not see any different from one to the next maybe that is why they pulled it down i hope so. 

Mine is gone back.....I'll get my A7s on monday. I so wanted to love the NX1 but nothing I did fixed the drifting for me. I live on Iceland and yeah, we have a lot of snow, which means a lot of white in frame when I'm shooting outside. I don't mind snow being a little overexposed. But the NX1 would constantly shift/drift(whatever it is). So I just couldn't keep it. 

I have shot with a lot of cameras......never seen anything like this when in full manual settings. I can understand why some people think this is ordinary for a digital camera. But I am sad to say it ain't. And don't tell me: "but Ivar, it's only 1500$" cause Samsung have said they see it competing with other brands 5000$ cameras.

And I'm thinking my next camera will be Fs7 so it makes more sense going the Sony way for me.

the workaround for the NX1 is never to pan and never to tilt. And you can't dolly either. Crane shots are out. Stedicam won't work either. But as creatives we shouldn't be limited by such things, if we can't tell our stories with fully locked down shots, then the problem is with us, not the NX1. 

Seriously? Not being able to move a camera is the shooters problem? Does that mean you would have to buy a second camera if you want to introduce movement? :) If you want to tell a story you don't need a 2K+ nx1 either then, just grab the cheapest camera you can get, preferably one that doesn't change exposure all by itself. 

The NX1 looks like a great camera but a shifting exposure in manual mode, based on the examples I have seen, is something that cannot be accepted if you are serious about shooting any type of film, hopefully Samsung will be able to fix it though but it is not something anyone should accept as being normal or even try to find ways to work around it.

I don't think anyone is accepting that as normal, they may question if said clip has the shift, but a shift is a shift, and that's a problem. It's hard to blame Samsung because it's par for the course, just look at Black Magic, Nikon, RED, and all the problems they've had  in the past with their newly launched cameras. In a perfect world, they would get this into the hands of real world workers to put it through it's paces and eliminate glitches such as what is happening with the NX1, and then we all woke up! When you're making a living shooting video, this is unacceptable and one we all hope Samsung remedies quickly. I think how fast Samsung reacts to these issues, with a fix, will be a testament to how serious they are about being in this market. 

I just shot 69 gigs out side today with my NX1 at a out door event in very bright sunlight, I used a tripod and hand held on a shoulder rig i built and i am still not seeing the problems. I did a lot of panning and moving up and down and zooming and with a with a 300 MM F4 lens. I shot lots of pan from dark to brighter areas with no problem looking back at the footage. I have to buy another HD before i can convert it all to edit.

Problems i did see are the Samsung 16x50 2.8 lens when used in Manuel focus all i did today just like the Samsung 45 mm drifts out of focus all the time you can point to the subject get focus and move the camera and do a pan back to the subject and i would say 30 % of the time the Samsung lens will be out of focus as you pan back it slips out. Using my Nikon mount lens this never happens..

I shot all day in Gamma C with it set to -5 saturation and -5 sharpening.

Only other problem i had was the wind vibrating my tripod at times when using my mounted 300 mm Shots. I will convert a clip or two to show i have some space left just not much. It will take me a week to edit all this into something.

I just shot 69 gigs out side today with my NX1 at a out door event in very bright sunlight, I used a tripod and hand held on a shoulder rig i built and i am still not seeing the problems. I did a lot of panning and moving up and down and zooming and with a with a 300 MM F4 lens. I shot lots of pan from dark to brighter areas with no problem looking back at the footage. I have to buy another HD before i can convert it all to edit.

Problems i did see are the Samsung 16x50 2.8 lens when used in Manuel focus all i did today just like the Samsung 45 mm drifts out of focus all the time you can point to the subject get focus and move the camera and do a pan back to the subject and i would say 30 % of the time the Samsung lens will be out of focus as you pan back it slips out. Using my Nikon mount lens this never happens..

I shot all day in Gamma C with it set to -5 saturation and -5 sharpening.

Only other problem i had was the wind vibrating my tripod at times when using my mounted 300 mm Shots. I will convert a clip or two to show i have some space left just not much. It will take me a week to edit all this into something.

​So Ed, are you thinking v1.2 solved the exposure drifting?