Samsung NX1 Firmware 1.20 Coming Soon

nougat

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah, I'm excited for the update as well, but I'm glad to see it isn't out yet, because I'm thinking Samsung is addressing more fixes for the NX1 that many users are experiencing. At least that's my hope!

What do you mean? It's already downloadable from Samsung's site, it was released hours ago.

Isn't it out today? According to the website the firmware is available.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/smart-camera-camcorder/smart-nx/smart-nx/EV-NX1ZZZBZBGB

bit_rates.PNG

​I haven't seen any videos taken with the new firmware, but since they went though the trouble improving all these things for video, was is so hard to implement a very high bitrate (80Mbit/sec) FHD? 

​I haven't seen any videos taken with the new firmware, but since they went though the trouble improving all these things for video, was is so hard to implement a very high bitrate (80Mbit/sec) FHD? 

​Not sure, maybe the drop from 40 to 18 (for 30fps) is for when people shoot 120fps. Also good to remember this is h265, so (if I'm not misinformed by wikipedia) you'd double it for the equivalent quality at h264. So 1080 at 40 mbits/s would be ~80 in h264, right? 

​Not sure, maybe the drop from 40 to 18 (for 30fps) is for when people shoot 120fps. Also good to remember this is h265, so (if I'm not misinformed by wikipedia) you'd double it for the equivalent quality at h264. So 1080 at 40 mbits/s would be ~80 in h264, right? 

​Yeah I get that, but since the camera supports downsampling and writting 80mbits/s to the card, why not allow the maximum bitrate for 24p? That would possibly result in a much more gradable image. It looks like they are limited to a maximum ~0.32bits/pixel for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it - I didn't find it that much different than shooting with contrast all the way down.  I told Samsung that - they said they are on it.  But I haven't hooked it up to my monitor yet.

anyway now I have my a7s and the Odyssey 7q+ cranking - I am back in love with the Odyssey 7q+ - i need to do a shootout between it and the NX1.  who wants to help?