Lens recommendation needed

Wedookayfilms

So I have a decent budget for some new glass or just one piece of glass. I use the gH2 hacked flowmtion V2 with an SLR magic 12mm and an SLR magic CINE I 25mm... I realized last shoot that I need more focal lengths! like an 85mm and also a 50mm... What glass would you recommend for the gh2 in that price range? Something real nice!

I was looking at some of the Carl Zeiss glass like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-Carl-Zeiss-Planar-T-85mm-F1-4-AEG-MF-Lens-From-Japan-/171631272292?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item27f6056164... but didn't know how it would compare to my slr magic? Pretty much I just want to upgrade my glass and get an even sharper image- if possible... If I can't get a better image out of my gh2, then I just want to choose some lenses that are on par with my SLR magic 25mm.. What can you guys recommend in the 85mm and 50mm for the gh2?

I know these are a little above my budget, but the Carl Zeiss CP2 Prime lenses, would these lenses blow my SLR magic 25mm .95 out of the water? Will I even be able to tell the difference for the videos i am making? (Short films and comedy sketches)...

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I would splurge on a m43 speed booster if i were you. With the GH2, it makes the crop something like 1.3 (APS-H).  I think there is a Contax to m43 speed booster so you could still swing maybe 2 nice zeiss lenses. Or if you went with something like a Nikon speed booster, you could get a very decent set of AI-S primes.

It is mostly for web output.. So im guessing the glass won't matter much? but I do plan to enter film festivals and make more serious films in the future.. And also, for focal length sake, I need more lenses to make the shoot easier..

I am leaning towards the Contax Carl Zeiss planar lenses, 85mm and 45mm...I dont really understand what the speedbooster does and why its better?

(On a side note- anyone know the difference between the SLR Magic 25mm Cine and the SLR Magic 25mm Cine II ? Why is the Cine II $200 more? I need to get another one to have a dual lens on  another camera for the shoot)

It is mostly for web output.. So im guessing the glass won't matter much? but I do plan to enter film festivals and make more serious films in the future.. And also, for focal length sake, I need more lenses to make the shoot easier..

I am leaning towards the Contax Carl Zeiss planar lenses, 85mm and 45mm...I dont really understand what the speedbooster does and why its better?

(On a side note- anyone know the difference between the SLR Magic 25mm Cine and the SLR Magic 25mm Cine II ? Why is the Cine II $200 more? I need to get another one to have a dual lens on  another camera for the shoot)

GH2 is normally like a 1.89 or so crop vs. full frame 35mm.  So for any given focal length, you'd have to double it to get the equivalent frame of view in 35mm terms.

Example...a 50mm lens on the GH2 will be approximately equivalent to a 100mm lens on a full frame camera in regards to FOV.  Makes it difficult to go wide, and especially difficult to go wide and fast.

Speed boosters effectively eliminate some of the crop factor.  For the GH2, it takes the crop down to 1.3, which is actually more than the super 35 cinema standard.   So the same 50mm lens would go from 100mm on the GH2 down to about a 65mm. So you can go wider!

Also, it allows for approx. 1 more stop of light to hit the sensor.  So it not only makes your lenses wider, it makes them faster!  An F2.8 turns into an F2. An F1.4 turns into an F1.0. Etc. etc.

I hope I've been helpful.