EOSHD’s top 5 cameras of the year 2014

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Holy ###, the nx1 may have just jumped up a couple of places with the new firmware. For a run and gunner like me, that easy toggling between manual focus and auto while filming is a big deal. Use auto to quickly adjust focus handheld without jiggling the camera, then toggle to manual to avoid hunting. And ISO adjustment while filming, and AF tracking adjustments, and... Hmmm, just how much is DR improved with the new CineD profile? And just how much does the image deteriorate above 1600? Just how bad is the rolling shutter? And, will this thing fit on the new Nebula 4000 stabilizer? Time to take another look at this guy.

The Sony A7s REALLY needs a firmware upgrade or improved S-log3. Blue hilights issues totally destroyed my footage. I guess it also might need 10bit recording. Color issues on this camera are unacceptable . I have also noise issues but maybe (i hope) i just need do work on right exposure.

​Hi Giulio- what profiles settings where you using? (Slog2+SGamut, Slog2+(Pro|Cinema|Rec709, etc.)). What was white balance set to? How was exposure set? Blue lights? If so what kind? (would like to test them).

​You shouldn't allow someones opinion to upset you. 

I buy my cameras used almost all the time. Makes it more financially viable to upgrade when something that suits my needs better comes out. 

​thanks Zack. I guess you're right. As long as the final product looks good, it doesn't matter what it's shot on.