1st film from Canon (Official) - Canon EOS C100 Mark ll

lafilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ahhh...no.

This was an artistic decision by Canon. Yes, I agree the story sucks. Par for the course with Canon produced movies.

However, the Canon c100 Mark ll (with external) is the sharpest 1080p out of the box (no 4K down).

It can actually look too sharp if you don't know what you're doing.

Ahhh...no.

This was an artistic decision by Canon. Yes, I agree the story sucks. Par for the course with Canon produced movies.

However, the Canon c100 Mark ll (with external) is the sharpest 1080p out of the box (no 4K down).

It can actually look too sharp if you don't know what you're doing.

​I have a 1440p monitor. On my screen it looks blurry (as does all 1080 output).

This video, considering the size of the crew involved and budget, doesn't do much for me. I personally think the decision to go soft or this artistic on a promo might not have been in best interest. Nonetheless, I would still love to own this level of camera. 

Haha..yea me too...but AR you're going to have to deal with the fact that the 1080p Mark ll is here to stay...many people will purchase it...and it may just creep into your nightmares...if only someone will shoot something worth a damn on this killer new cam;)

In all it's glory from Canon

C100 Mark ll

watch in HD on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu6Ug0lcfag

Quite comical to say the least and could have been done on a 5D Mark II..... Who's idea was it to shoot wide open with what looks like a specialized lens creating all kind of flare and lack of contrast. Very poor example to say the least........