ISCORAMA PRE 36 FOR SALE

BenCoughlan

Hi Guys

I have been umming and arring about selling my iscorama for ages. Its time for it to go. I just don't use it enough and it just sits on my shelf.

Nikon mount

Asking for £2250.00 ($3500) - for the Iscorama and will throw in the redstan clamp.

£2400.00 for the iscorama, redstan clamp and the Tokina 0.4 diopter. 

Here are some photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124657347@N07/sets/72157645182412464/

Also selling a load of other bits if anyone is interested.

Schneider 4x5.65 NDs (0.3, 0.6, 0.9)

Arri FF5 HD

Cheers Guys

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Lizson. These are all different from what I am selling. The top one is a 54 and is multicoated. The 36 is similar, again multi coated which in my humble opinion is less desired (we all want that flare). Plus it does not have the original Nikon taking lens included which will always help you with resale value. Fell free to look elsewhere on ebay, you might grab a bargain. Im simply giving you a price I think is fair and that I saw one go for recently. 

Tommy, The lens is in great condition. No scratches, fungus, etc etc. Are you UK based. You are welcome to have a look. 

Will also chuck in a Helios 58mm taking lens for free. I have no need for it once the isco is gone.

Cheers guys

Sure mate, good luck with the sale. The Nikon taking lens is handy indeed. Regarding the flares, I always preferred multi coated lenses (the new SLR Magic flares horribly in my opinion) but that's just my taste. That Isco 54 was a terrific buy, you can't deny that. The Cinegon I linked is actually single coated, probably like yours although it has a c-mount taking lens.

Again, good luck and happy new year!

• Administrators

Somebody got a serious bargain with the Cinegon one. That thing is ultra rare. On that Iscorama movie camera vanishingly rare in fact. Also the Cinegons were the earliest of all the Iscoramas and perhaps the nicest looking. Great flare.

Good luck with the sale Ben!

The price is a bit steep I think. They go £1300-1600 on Ebay nowadays.

​Price is actually pretty reasonable. 4k US is about right, only one of your links is for a 36 and there is mention of "leaked" putty in the description. The only listings on ebay.com for decent looking 36s currently are 4k (starting bid) to 7k USD.

As andrew said, let us know when you see a 36 for £1300, i'll buy it! I'll buy ten at that price, especially if they come with the tokina achromat as Ben's does.

​Price is actually pretty reasonable. 4k US is about right, only one of your links is for a 36 and there is mention of "leaked" putty in the description. The only listings on ebay.com for decent looking 36s currently are 4k (starting bid) to 7k USD.

As andrew said, let us know when you see a 36 for £1300, i'll buy it! I'll buy ten at that price, especially if they come with the tokina achromat as Ben's does.

​I had no intention to beat this dead horse again mostly out of respect for the seller, but since you are asking for it, here is a recent one, same price range what I mentioned:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISCORAMA-ANAMORPHOT-1-5X-36-ISCO-GOTTINGEN-BEAUTIFUL-LENS-/141523953929

As I said keep your eyes on Ebay, surely they list those Isco's for 4-5k but no one is actually buying them for that much.

​I had no intention to beat this dead horse again mostly out of respect for the seller, but since you are asking for it, here is a recent one, same price range what I mentioned:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISCORAMA-ANAMORPHOT-1-5X-36-ISCO-GOTTINGEN-BEAUTIFUL-LENS-/141523953929

As I said keep your eyes on Ebay, surely they list those Isco's for 4-5k but no one is actually buying them for that much.

If I were a lens tech / equipment procurer for a rental house in LA I'd see no problems hitting buy it now on some of the higher prices if it means i can just buy it and have it in a few days for a client that I know would rent it, then have it in stock for future clients looking for something different.  nothing else does what an iscorama can do, and for the price of a single crappy boring compact prime (a budget lens for rental to film school final productions) the iscorama is a rather amazing item.  The rental houses are dictating the buy it now prices.  the guys with enough time to sit at the computer and snipe are the ones who get the irregular bargains.   People are paying silly prices, but probably paying with a company credit card knowing 10 days of hire will pay for the lens outright. 

• 4 weeks later...