GH4 Skin-Tone Color Jaundice? Or Urban Myth?

maxotics

Thanks, I already have the $10 photo version.  I can get Premiere for $20 a month (but doesn't include after effects, do I really need that?  I won't be doing special effects).  I might be able to get the $30 version because I own a copy of CS 6.  I don't want to create any more threads than I have to, so here's some video footage I shot recently.  Nothing great, but if you're like me, ANY footage from different cameras is interesting.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

$20/mo for PPro is worth it. There's also a 30-day free trial. AE is worth it for advanced tasks and effects. I did our last short all in PPro, editing everything in real-time. AE is very slow (not GPU accelerated for most tasks)- hopefully Adobe will bring GPU accel to AE soon. Or drop AE and merge functionality into PPro (Hitfilm shows one way this could be done).

Stock Cine-D can work in some situations (his point is don't use Cine-D with lots of tweaks). I'm currently shooting for in-camera so there's less work (and surprises) in post. I do this by testing profiles and settings with the camera hooked up to a full-sized HDTV (46" and larger).

Interesting Max, thanks for sharing. I returned my Samsung NX1 because of the H265 codec and my impatience with that and also

because my computer struggles with it. I am playing with a GH4 of a friend and I have to say that I like it. It's easy and really made for 

video, but we all know that. Because of my EM1 I already own some lenses, so this may be a good choice. On the other hand a Sony A7s is also

attractieve..still not sure. Already had some good advice, some in favor for the GH4 and some for the A7s..I do a lot of recording studio, well lit, band recordings

and I even have a dolly over there..so lens stabilization is't that important. On the other hand for creative own work (nature, home, music clips of my own band) 

it could be very welcome..If I go for the Sony I have to buy a good lens, with stabilization for the creative stuff..although I could do that with my EM1, still a nice cam

with full Hd and wonderful IBIS.

I tried the Gh4 today in the studio and it worked perfect..maybe I could use 1 extra killer lens (?) 

Like I say on the other hand the Sony, so nice the full frame, the 12 m pixels..i do like for pic's..I think for the free work in all lighting situations it would be great

and maybe also I can even sell the EM1 in that case.

Maybe put a Shogun on it in the studio..mmmm still in doubt. The Gh4 is so easy, simple and good..Why is this Sony challenging me all the time..

greets and good wishes for 2015

Siep

www.hitfabryk.nl;)

lenses I have: 14mm 2.5/ 25mm 1.8/ 45mm 1.8

Hitfabryk.  Nice shot.  I have to run take my daughter to a Ukulele lesson right now, or would say more :)  I'm starting to like the GH4 a lot more since "coming back to Earth."  Going to do what JCS does.  I think for studio stuff I'd go with the GH4 because it's just so easy to work with in video.  Also, the slo-mo would probably be very useful for interesting artistic clips.  Also, the 4K mode is great for taking out 4K photographs.  I only keep the Sony because I always want a full-frame for photography.  Indeed, it's primarily a stills camera for me.  If you want shallow DOF for video just get a focal reducer.  Later!!!!

Hitfabryk- the GH4 makes an excellent 4K studio camera! The Natural picture profile is a great place to start. Cine-D and -V also have their uses.

Max- I find it helpful when starting a new project to try out all the cameras to see how they perform for the conditions. It's not just the lighting, but also the color of light reflected from the environment- "the radiance map" (especially important for green/blue screen work). Try all the picture profiles with the A7S- the results may surprise you.

The A7S is a decent stills camera (Canon 50mm F1.4, Metabones NEX to EF IV, Sony RAW, processed with ACR):

JackXMas.thumb.jpg.ae50e7171dd8a2a882215

And with a little extra work with profiles for video (based on the conditions- there isn't one profile for everything), the A7S looks pretty good. The 5D3 with Neutral/Faithful and GH4 with Natural profiles work pretty well in many conditions (PP6 comes closest with the A7S). If the 5D4 gets 4K and 60p (at least for full-res 1080p), we'll have a competitive, solid all-around still/video camera (not having autofocus for Canon lenses on the A7S is challenging).