Sony's "The Interview" gets release

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

​And in the west it is capitalism mixed with divinity nonsense. Not too different after all.

​not that I don't appreciate the parallel, but I doubt communism was ever gonna lead to innovations that offer us the nice camera toys we get to play with. 

And its its a whole different level of worship going on in NKR, wouldn't you agree, even a little bit?

I mean, people can have an anti-American slant, but, really, under which government would you rather live?

• Administrators

I love America and I think capitalism is the more successful way of life by far in terms of what it offers for innovation, wealth generation and quality of living. However in my opinion both ways of life will ultimately fail because they are abused. Communism was first drawn up in Manchester when Karl Marx visited the cotton mills. The aim of it was to improve the lives of factory workers, ultimately it has lead to their enslavement in the millions by a system that is capitalist for the rich and communism for the rest. But then Chinese culture is not synonymous with communism - it goes back much further and it's a beautiful culture. Every opposing system and culture can learn from each other. Our consumerist society has issues which a communist society doesn't have and visa versa. I think there's innovation in every system too and in every culture. It isn't a black and white, good vs evil situation. The crime rate in North Korea is virtually zero for instance. Despite the other problems in the country, that's still an achievement.

Communism or capitalism shouldn't drive a wedge between us and those ordinary people & other filmmakers, who just happen to live in Russia or China. People with strong beliefs need to learn to respect opposing beliefs better than they do currently. In Europe people are largely secular which is part of why the Norwegians, Swiss, etc. usually stay out of wars. Religion drives politics to a large degree in America. Many in Europe and the UK see the US as a fundamentalist religious state, with wars waged in the name of God. There may be a dangerous "divinity problem" in North Korea but so far it hasn't killed nearly the number of people that the things done in the name of western reglion has. Religion can be a wonderful thing but combined with politics it is a danger.

I love America and I think capitalism is the more successful way of life by far in terms of what it offers for innovation, wealth generation and quality of living. However in my opinion both ways of life will ultimately fail because they are abused. Communism was first drawn up in Manchester when Karl Marx visited the cotton mills. The aim of it was to improve the lives of factory workers, ultimately it has lead to their enslavement in the millions by a system that is capitalist for the rich and communism for the rest. But then Chinese culture is not synonymous with communism - it goes back much further and it's a beautiful culture. Every opposing system and culture can learn from each other. Our consumerist society has issues which a communist society doesn't have and visa versa. I think there's innovation in every system too and in every culture. It isn't a black and white, good vs evil situation. The crime rate in North Korea is virtually zero for instance. Despite the other problems in the country, that's still an achievement.

Communism or capitalism shouldn't drive a wedge between us and those ordinary people & other filmmakers, who just happen to live in Russia or China. People with strong beliefs need to learn to respect opposing beliefs better than they do currently. In Europe people are largely secular which is part of why the Norwegians, Swiss, etc. usually stay out of wars. Religion drives politics to a large degree in America. Many in Europe and the UK see the US as a fundamentalist religious state, with wars waged in the name of God. There may be a dangerous "divinity problem" in North Korea but so far it hasn't killed nearly the number of people that the things done in the name of western reglion has. Religion can be a wonderful thing but combined with politics it is a danger.

​Was getting ready to click Like until you said "The crime rate in North Korea is virtually zero for instance. Despite the other problems in the country, that's still an achievement." Nobody knows how the system works there, it might be that everyone gets shot for so much as stealing a loaf of bread, which would certainly help the crime rate.

I watched the film, it was pretty shit but I was mildly amused for 90 minutes. Best to watch at home so you can be using your phone or tablet at the same time, certainly not worthy of going to the cinema for (nor is Night at the Museum).

First man in space would disagree. 

Yeah, I appreciate the quip... But I'me not sure ​Yuri would actually agree

Mid 20th century rocket science is a bit different than miniature electronics. And , when it comes to rockets (which are super cool) they were 1. designed and developed mostly by Germans. (and since I've already broken Godwin's law earlier in this thread I might as well point out that it was the Nazis that pushed German scientists hard to do it)

...and 2. space exploration was developed and persued as part of a high priority post wwII arms race. 

I'm not convinced that making electronic cameras with 18 stops of dynamic range for the bourgeois would have ever been a huge priority for communists. 

BTW, I only watched 10 minutes of "The Interview" so far.  Hasn't exactly been interesting enough to hold my attention.

Most US/Russian space tech was pillaged from Germans, true. But still, all that spying from planes and satellites probably contributed to optical or image innovations that eventually made it into consumer tech.

The sensor in the Chinese KINERAW 6K camera is repurposed from another industry with company being evasive about its origins. Pretty sure it's from some sort of govt funded program. I mean, who else has that kind of R'n'D budget in China?

I never liked any of Seth Rogen's films, I never found them funny at all, each time I wonder why I look at another one, maybe hoping it would be better. The interview was again no exception. Just watched it and the pee or poo conversation in the limo says it all.

​not that I don't appreciate the parallel, but I doubt communism was ever gonna lead to innovations that offer us the nice camera toys we get to play with.

​Well, i bet Brits appreciate their health care system not less than their consumer cameras :) And their "from cradle to grave" system was derived from the Soviet one. Communism had started as a capitalism critic aimed at gaining more social justice, and at that matter it made a great contribution into modern west's way of life.

Anyway, NKR at its present state is a sad joke.

P.S. Interestingly, we have several investment projects here, SK invited, and they're saying - "bring the NKs here to, so we can work with them together". People want to be reunited.

P.P.S. Give them proper feeding and the new generation children will be tall and beautiful.

​Actually, Karl Marx didn't draw up communism. He came up with a theory of social behaviour, other people applied that theory to politics and came up with communism.

By the way, the "crime rate" in many totalitarian states is "close to zero" simply because they don't report it, not because it doesn't happen. That is one of the advantages for a totalitarian state - they control the message of their performance in governance.