Yosemite Vimeo Lagging

skiphunt

This is only vaguely related... but did anyone else running a Mac notice any significant video playback lagging with vimeo in particular? YouTube, even "4k" plays back fine but anything on Vimeo stutters and stops. Everything was rock solid, fast and smooth with Mavericks. 

I've tried just about all of the work-arounds I could find to scrape back a little bit of performance to pre-yosemite levels, but Vimeo playback is horrible. Is there something going on with vimeo? I'm guessing it's likely related to Yosemite though. 

If anyone else had/has the same problem and found a fix, it'd be much appreciated since most of the videos on this site are vimeo source. :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have not had such issues with Yosemite and Vimeo, so I can¨t be of much help. Have you tried the usual things like repair permissions?

​Yes, I've tried a lot of things... they seem to only help temporarily. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to a clean install. :(

Vimeo search is also driving me crazy.  For weeks I keep getting "Experiencing technical difficulties" when I search "Gh4+NX1+BM+5D3 in One Camera for $100"  Seriously, something ain't right with Vimeo (search has definitely been barely functional for a while), or maybe the ISPs are screwing with it.  From what I understand, China doesn't block Google outright, but throttles back bandwidth just enough, at random times, that people get frustrated with its slowness and use a Chinese search engine.  To them it seems Google's problem.   Anyway, skiphunt, believe Vimeo is having problems beyond Yosemite.

Andrew, I also suspect that ATT may not be giving me the speed I'm paying for either. I have noticed that after a reboot into safe mode, and then a permissions repair, I'm good for about a day before it bogs down again.

​I can tell you that ATT was horrible when I had u-verse. Streaming video was always buffering, even when I paid more. I switched to Cox here in San Diego, and haven't had the problem with AppleTV streaming or Vimeo since.