New forum bugs - please report here

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Am I the only one who's avatar keeps disappearing? It used to simply and consistently use my twitter avatar on login, but that disappeared. I've uploaded them manually and they stick but eventually disappear also. Now, it appears some of my profile info has disappeared. 

Should I be taking a hint with this? ;) Or, is this just some issue with twitter login?

Judging from all the other "default" avatars here, I'm guessing I'm not the only one with the disappearing avatar syndrome. 

Going to try a little experiment. I usually login via twitter and the forum before Andrew's software upgrade, always pulled my avatar in just fine. But, since some here don't seem to have the issue, I'm wondering if it's related strictly to twitter/facebook login? 

I'm logged in the standard username/password way right now. I'm going to add a new avatar again, and not use the twitter login for awhile and see if my avatar sticks around longer than when using the twitter login method. 

Most likely Twitter / FB related bug yeah.

​Well, looks like it's not actually related to Twitter/FB after all. I logged in yesterday via username/password, uploaded a fresh avatar, made a post or two, then logged out. Logged back in today, as you can see... my avatar is now gone again. 

Bug has to be in your new forum software.

Again, I really don't care that much. Just curious to see if it wasn't really your new software. What is the software by the way? Some of the new features and look is cool, but it seems awfully buggy as hell too. 

Andrew, for funnies.. just tried the "import from url" setting and put in the image url from my google+ account. The software didn't seem to like the image url from my twitter avatar. When I select "profile_sync" the whole screen goes blank. 

At least 3-4 times when clicked the last page of the post in Safari, caused iPad air to logout with somewhat of reboot status, shown the apple then ask login again.   iPad is running up-to-date system.  But never happened in any other web page.

Not sure if Andrew has done anything to fix the disappearing avatar issue... but my current one has stuck around for a couple days now... regardless of how I login, ie. twitter or username/password

Only thing I've done differently is use the "import from URL" and pointed it to my image url of my google+ avatar.

• Andrew Reid unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

​Please go back to having message preview in the message editor.  The current editor is unwieldy, and it is not WYSIWYG.

For instance, one can't follow links while composing, and the links appear with an underline which doesn't show in the posted message -- one has to manually underline links, but there is no way to tell for sure if the underline took, until the message is posted.

This problem and others are compounded by the lack of a way to view the format coding.  Please bring that back, too.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...