Problems with c mount lenses on gh2

mrbrimm

Hi,

I bought a couple c mount lenses a while back and really haven't had a chance to try them out until now. One is a pentax 6mm 1.2 and I cannot seem to get it to focus. I had to unscrew the tiny screws on the side to allow movement of the focus and aperture rings to use them. Similar to this: http://www.avsupply.com/Pentax-Cosmicar/c22525kp-b2514d-kp.php

The other is a computar tv lens 25mm 1.3 and the blades are not open as there are wires off to the side which makes me think I purchased the wrong lens. Perhaps there's something I can do to open it up.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 weeks later...
If it's too close, that's a good thing, since you can just unscrew it a bit from the adapter.  You can either drill holes in the adapter to line up with the holes in the lens, then use screws to keep everything in place, or just epoxy them together.  If the lens is too far, you'll need to machine either the adapter or the lens to get more depth.  That could be pricey, and still may not work.