Specs Slider on the go?

Wit

Imagine you and your friend are shooting a lot of run an gun things. But also short documentaries and event registration. Being a one man band wanting to add the slider effect into the toolkit. A lot on the road.

- What is a good length with which you're still flexible to go and get things quickly installed?

- What are the specs to look for and the things to consider - next to snood, quick install etc? 

- We're thinking of making it ourselves - our is there an awesome good and cheap one out there which 

fit our needs?

Thank you so much!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Some friends shoot with the Edelkrone SliderPlus and love it. I like the fact that you get 2x the travel and it's a pretty useful dolly too, seriously considering getting one for my own work - which has a similar style of shooting it sounds like. They are not cheap, but for the convenience, weight, and multiple uses they may well be worth a place in your kit.

I also have been personally considering the Varavon sliders, which are lightweight, have a motor option or a very simple counterweight -- uses a water bottle(!) so you don't need to carry the weight all the time. Very clever and expandable.