Torn between 3 lovers; GH4/A7S/NX1

Hitfabryk

I was waiting on the reviews for the A7ii and was planning on getting that. But then found the eoshd review on the NX1 which I had no interest in. Read the review and the fact that it is a tech monster caught my eye. But still specs only mean so much. But I watched the video and I really liked it.  I did agree with Andrew that it seemed something like a baby-epic but I do think it has its own unique look.

One site is not enough to make a decision though, so on I went onto youtube and started watching all of the NX1 test videos I could find. Sometimes it's not the specs so much in the end, it's the artistry of the technology. Does it have that voodoo that makes you smile? I watched a bunch of films on the GH4. They are nice but I didn't really fall in love with the image. The A7s I liked the image of that one better, but still there was something very videoish about it. To me, and I know this is subjective, but it didn't seem as cinematic as an Arri or Epic. 

But NX1, wow, I have kinda just fell in love with the image, the coloring, the sharpness, whatever it is, it's magic voodoo I really dig. When I found a cat video that just captivated me with the image, I knew this was the one:

I like the way the highlights blow out, I like the naturalistic colors, I like the lens blur, I like the incredible detail, I like the texture and feel of the "film stock", I like everything about it. It just pleases my sensibilities. So I ordered the NX1 and the 16-50S lens and I ordered an adapter to use my Zeiss manual glass. Such an amazing image for just a $2500 investment. How far we've come. No excuses now not to make the film of your dreams. If not the NX1, the GH4 or A7S will serve you as well. Just pick the one that inspires you creatively. Remember the camera is a tool! They are close enough that any will serve your needs. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was waiting on the reviews for the A7ii and was planning on getting that. But then found the eoshd review on the NX1 which I had no interest in. Read the review and the fact that it is a tech monster caught my eye. But still specs only mean so much. But I watched the video and I really liked it.  I did agree with Andrew that it seemed something like a baby-epic but I do think it has its own unique look.

One site is not enough to make a decision though, so on I went onto youtube and started watching all of the NX1 test videos I could find. Sometimes it's not the specs so much in the end, it's the artistry of the technology. Does it have that voodoo that makes you smile? I watched a bunch of films on the GH4. They are nice but I didn't really fall in love with the image. The A7s I liked the image of that one better, but still there was something very videoish about it. To me, and I know this is subjective, but it didn't seem as cinematic as an Arri or Epic. 

But NX1, wow, I have kinda just fell in love with the image, the coloring, the sharpness, whatever it is, it's magic voodoo I really dig. When I found a cat video that just captivated me with the image, I knew this was the one:

I like the way the highlights blow out, I like the naturalistic colors, I like the lens blur, I like the incredible detail, I like the texture and feel of the "film stock", I like everything about it. It just pleases my sensibilities. So I ordered the NX1 and the 16-50S lens and I ordered an adapter to use my Zeiss manual glass. Such an amazing image for just a $2500 investment. How far we've come. No excuses now not to make the film of your dreams. If not the NX1, the GH4 or A7S will serve you as well. Just pick the one that inspires you creatively. Remember the camera is a tool! They are close enough that any will serve your needs. 

Thanks!!,  i am not sure if the cat likes the NX1, but I sure do.. Nice colors and sharpness.. :rolleyes: