Kowa bell and Howell 2x surviving field of view after 2.66 crop from 3.55

anid

Hello guys, I have decided to buy a 2x Kowa bell and howell and have the Canon FD 35mm f2.0 coming over as my widest taking lens.
Now if I'm not wrong, horizontally with 2x anamorphic attached to it, it will give me a focal length that will be something like a 17.5mm lens horizontally. However what I wanted to ask was, if I crop the resulting 3.55 anamorphic aspect ratio to 2.66 , what will be the focal length of the lens that survives? As in, how wide will the 35mm still be horizontally after cropping the 17.5mm FOV 3.55 aspect ratio footage to 2.66? Somewhere around 22 - 24mm ?

I hope I am not confusing with my language. Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sorry, I just came up with another confusion. I forgot to mention that I'll be using the GH2. So technically the FD 35mm f2.0 will behave like a 70mm lens. In that case the 2x Anamorphic will give a focal length of 70mm vertically and 35mm horizontally, right? Or will it give me 17.5mm horizontally and 35mm vertically? The second scenario feels more like wishful thinking, but just want to be sure.
Thanks

I forgot to mention that I'll be using the GH2. So technically the FD 35mm f2.0 will behave like a 70mm lens. In that case the 2x Anamorphic will give a focal length of 70mm vertically and 35mm horizontally, right?

Yes, it will be equivalent of a 35mm for width, 70mm for height.

When you crop the anamorphic footage to 2.66, you'll end up with the equivalent focal lengths of 23*2 = 46mm horisontally, 35*2 = 70mm vertically in your end result.