Samsung NX1 - which is 4K video and which is the 28MP raw still? Can you tell?

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest 560a4aedcb80685284629074497fdc75

Why does fringing suggest it's not raw? Isn't that a lens issue? One that a compression codec may attenuate, but raw would leave intact?

I'm going to feel like such a twit if Im wrong. This is fun though :D

Anyway it's remarkeable how close they are, identical in real-world terms. It's exciting the the quality of motion is finally catching up to the quality of stills.

Yep that's something. A new definition for the motion picture at your home.

Though i'd like to know if there's a way to put more bitrate to the blacks and if NX1 is capable to do chromatic aberrations compensation for non-native lenses as well.

You can tell without the software exposure lift, but to be easier to see I lifted it to be obvious "the power of square". Simple classic observe and conclude pointment. A is the frame, B is the raw still.

The sharpness and lack of CA might be misleading. Anyway, we still wait way more to see from the camera to decide should we buy it. I am prefer to win it from a contest but we'll see ha

nw0en8.jpg

A is video

B is RAW

I just cant figure how you managed to do so bad work with RAW developement. No NR, no CA correction, no sharpening....

Is Samsung lens really so bad concerning uncorrected CA? Is this Samsung lens? Does both photos even use the same lens?

IrfanView shows number of different colors in photo.

Picture profile turned off.

Wait, you can actually turn off the picture profile totally? As in, the colours, tonality, etc would be as close to a RAW picture as possible??

Also I was thinking A was video already and then someone pointed out the shadows, which clearly show that it's the video image :p

Please, everybody. Forget about detail, artefacts, etc, and just look at the colors. Narrow your eyes and let the image fall out of focus. Now compare the colors in the two images. In image A there is very little difference between the hues in each color group (e.g. the reds all look very similar). With image B they are all very distinctly different. I assume this points to greater bit depth...

A - Video: Although it looks less detailed than B, in camera sharpening can do the trick

B - Raw: More info in dark areas, where I believe is where the camera in video lacks of a flat profile. 

Edit: Also CA which is visible in image B can be visible in a raw file if uncorrected (which is the point of a raw file).

Yep that's something. A new definition for the motion picture at your home.

Though i'd like to know if there's a way to put more bitrate to the blacks and if NX1 is capable to do chromatic aberrations compensation for non-native lenses as well.

Huh? You quoted me but I didn't say the thing you quoted. It was Ebrahim. How did that happen?