GO shot with A7s and D5200

mojo43

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 560a4aedcb80685284629074497fdc75

Amazing. You've got a really nice image out of the A7S there (how much of it is D5200?). I just bought a GH4 this weekend because I haven't seen anything this nice from the A7S ... and then you go and post this! 

I could swear I've seen Brandon Li use some of this footage in his videos?  :huh: Maybe it's just very similar (he uses both these cameras I know). It's very reminiscent of his stuff, anyway (in a good way).

Amazing. You've got a really nice image out of the A7S there (how much of it is D5200?). I just bought a GH4 this weekend because I haven't seen anything this nice from the A7S ... and then you go and post this! 

I could swear I've seen Brandon Li use some of this footage in his videos?  :huh: Maybe it's just very similar (he uses both these cameras I know). It's very reminiscent of his stuff, anyway (in a good way).

It's all shot on a camera you already had, only the intro with the alien skin girl is A7s.

Nice video, btw.

Thanks. Most of it is D5200. Just the intro is shot with A7s... Is that Brandon stealing my footage again? Just kidding.. not it's all my shots. Just similar footage.

Do you shoot with a LCD magnifier mojo? How are you getting it so stable and in focus?

I shoot with the eye piece on the A7s and just use the neck strap with the D5200. The IS on the Tamron 17-50mm is really good and helps out a lot, but also just a matter of technique to get it stable. Keep the strap tight and move your body and not your arms.

As for staying in focus. I just do what I can. I admit it's hard to focus in the sun, but that's why the a7s is so much easier since I can use the eye piece.

That looks better it doesn't jump into your face anymore, but you are having some strange artifacs going on around the hair and over the eyebrown. Luts do that kind of ugly stuff.

No luts were applied... That's probably from some masking that I am doing. There is some conflicting colours in the window reflection. I'll fix that up too thanks!

Guest 560a4aedcb80685284629074497fdc75

It's all shot on a camera you already had, only the intro with the alien skin girl is A7s.

Nice video, btw.

Oops. I just re-read the OP. Sorry.

LOL, so funny that the only footage I've liked from the A7S isn't from the A7S! 

Oops. I just re-read the OP. Sorry.

LOL, so funny that the only footage I've liked from the A7S isn't from the A7S!

Haha, well I was working with no sunlight so that's probably why the D5200 looks better. I'll be shooting a new one in Cuba in the next few weeks. We'll see how this cam holds up...