Isco 36 + Zeiss 50mm Makro + 60d

griplimited

Literally just bought this gem not more than a week ago. Much more simplistic and way easier to use than a Sankor I had before even though housing construction was nicer of course.  Just chasing the kids around with the holiday lights keeping everything decently lit.  Super exciting for me right now and brings joy again with single focus. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thank you for your clip! Beautiful :)

The ease of use and the great reliable quality of the Iscorama is priceless. Only the Möller comes close.

The Baby-Möller despite of double-focus system is very easy to rack focus (except with Nikon lens...) and the image and character is the best of all the adapters I have come along.

Everything else with big mounting gear and clamps and rods or whatever is somewhat annoying and degrades the fun massively

(My Isco 54 is already covered in dust)

@enny Thanks! Paid way too much for it, but at the moment... it's worth it. Wife called it a Bday/Xmas/Valentine/Anniversary/Father's Day gift. 

@Rudolf Thanks! The Baby-Möller was on my radar also for size, but I know I would've still had my eyes set on the 36 at the end, haha. The 54 seems just as intriguing, but I agree with what you said about it.

Been reading up on the Close-Focus mod to educate and prepare myself for it. Stay Tuned.

I think the "focus mod" is water under the bridge. Somebody did experiments with it 3-4 years ago and noticed fringing when not stoppeded down (I recall it was a 42 however...)

So doesn't make sense. For good reason Isco made diopters. These achromats do the job! And for good reason they build the 36 light and versatile.

But I am not an expert... :rolleyes:

Hi Griplimited. Glad you found such a nice adapter.  Out of curiosity is it a non-MC pre-36?  If so, go ahead and point it at a large bright source such as a bare lightbulb from your ceiling fixture.  Do you notice a bizarre series of uneven and jagged light lines forming a pattern around the bulb?  If so, I believe this is caused by light being refracted off the uneven hand cut bevel of the edge of the rear element of your Iscorama.  You won't get this with the Iscorama 54.  The 54 also seems to have better character in my opinion but the pre-36 (or 36) is certainly easier to handle and won't give you this strange pattern under most circumstances.  I simply would rather not take the chance though and would prefer to have the 54 in my kit.  I'm curious to find out if you discover a similar pattern.