The FM lounge (Discussion of anything not related to FM price and discount)

Cosimo murgolo

Thanks anti12

I have had a good look at the items you mention and I can see why you have recommended them.  I am looking for something like this to be honest (hopefully there is an image below, it crashed the forum when I tried yesterday!!)

So I can see that the FOTGA support system with adjustable camera mount is right, I will have to swap out those cheap looking blue tightening screws though.

vm fm image.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've noticed there are several different focal length Cinelux's on ebay, does it matter or are they all the same?

For anamorphic lens part, they are all the same.  But blue star and blank star lenses have different coatings,  and mc lenses is different too.  So flares are all different.  Blue star lens has no flare basically.  

​This work with the Kowa B&H?

​Not without partial disassembly (removing focus ring) - the Kowa would sit in this adapter in the same way as the Ultra-star...front half being out of the clamp, rear part being in the clamp. The only difference is that the kowa's focus ring needs to be first removed to get the front diameter down to 70mm.

On the focus gear front, I had good luck with helicoptersean on ebay. 3D printed from measurements I gave him from calipers he shipped me. Easy and a snug enough fit without any screws or adhesive.

Will helicoptersean now offer this Gears? What did you pay? What is the weight? (The RafCamera Gear seems quit heavy @ 240g)

Can you take a picture of your setup?

Thanks for your efforts!

Here is confirmation that the Kowa for Bell &Howell (after partial dis-assembly) will fit inside the ORIGINAL FM lens mounting tube ( not the new FM Collar 24 which has a smaller 55mm internal diameter). The aluminium tube pictured is the basic version of the mounting collar that came with the first batch of FM lenses, I cannot 100% confirm if other kowa models such as Kowa 16H/8Z will fit exactly the same, as I do not currently own that lens type, but the dis-assembly process will be identical to my previous video:https://vimeo.com/115331343

If you are a new FM lens customer and do not receive the original/ larger mounting tube and want to mount this kowa type, you could ask Anamorphic Shop for advice...or simply cut the correct sized tube yourself:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-75-70mm-0-5metre-500mm-Long-T304-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Repair-Tube-Pipe/251270459252?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D256b0a78fb8149c69fcf994f2410a88c%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D280769110571&rt=nc

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Hello everybody, can someone tell me whats the difference in use with the FM lens, between the Schneider Cinelux with the flat front and the Schneider Version 1 with the small 'hood' and the focus + lock screw coming out of the front side. Like in the picture up here. Will i loose minimal focus distance because the Schneider Version 1 can not go in as close to the internal FM lens as could the Schneider with the flat face ? Is there a risk to scratch the in-side of the FM lens with those protruding elements?

Hi Joedal

I have both and can tell you that they are pretty similar in terms of performance.  I haven't noticed any difference in the close focusing distance but if I get a chance I will do a test and find out.  In terms of scratching the inside of the FM, the metal hood is right on the edge and protected by an edge within the FM module.  I would say that my v1 is a lot sharper and has a smoother action than my flat fronted scheider but I have put this down to how the lenses have been cared for.

Hello everybody, can someone tell me whats the difference in use with the FM lens, between the Schneider Cinelux with the flat front and the Schneider Version 1 with the small 'hood' and the focus + lock screw coming out of the front side. Like in the picture up here. Will i loose minimal focus distance because the Schneider Version 1 can not go in as close to the internal FM lens as could the Schneider with the flat face ? Is there a risk to scratch the in-side of the FM lens with those protruding elements?

Hi Joedal

I have both and can tell you that they are pretty similar in terms of performance.  I haven't noticed any difference in the close focusing distance but if I get a chance I will do a test and find out.  In terms of scratching the inside of the FM, the metal hood is right on the edge and protected by an edge within the FM module.  I would say that my v1 is a lot sharper and has a smoother action than my flat fronted Schneider but I have put this down to how the lenses have been cared for.

FM Lens rack focusing test ‪#‎FMLens‬ ‪#‎Anamorphicshop‬ 
Super Takumar 50mm f1.4, Isco Ultra Star Anamorphic Lens, Panasonic GH4 

Did some tests with the FM. So far loving it, its working perfectly now that I've gotten used to it a little bit and also solved the slouching problem i had initially. It takes some time to get it configured to your rig and camera but oh man smooth rack focusing is orgasmic after a long period of painful double focusing. And I like the fact that it protects the anamorphic glass elements inside. Only downside I see is your rig becoming considerably heavier but thats not always a bad thing. Will do a review and full test at some point.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

10959815_900212020029712_319185861347630523_n.jpg

10978582_900211983363049_4949491506319634434_n.jpg

FM Lens rack focusing test ‪#‎FMLens‬ ‪#‎Anamorphicshop‬ 
Super Takumar 50mm f1.4, Isco Ultra Star Anamorphic Lens, Panasonic GH4 

Did some tests with the FM. So far loving it, its working perfectly now that I've gotten used to it a little bit and also solved the slouching problem i had initially. It takes some time to get it configured to your rig and camera but oh man smooth rack focusing is orgasmic after a long period of painful double focusing. And I like the fact that it protects the anamorphic glass elements inside. Only downside I see is your rig becoming considerably heavier but thats not always a bad thing. Will do a review and full test at some point.

​Yes you will need some sort of lens support.  If you think it sags down now, wait awhile and see...  I really wish Panasonic released a firmware patch for external monitoring in 4K photo mode.  Really frustrating to shoot 3:2 or 4:3 with no monitor support.

​Yes you will need some sort of lens support.  If you think it sags down now, wait awhile and see...  I really wish Panasonic released a firmware patch for external monitoring in 4K photo mode.  Really frustrating to shoot 3:2 or 4:3 with no monitor support.

​I've got a lens support for the rig I can use but the thing is the front rotates so thought it wasn't a good idea to put it there

​I'm wishing for the 4K photo hdmi out and a slog profile, but oh well, we will see