The FM lounge (Discussion of anything not related to FM price and discount)

Cosimo murgolo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Schneider super cinelux surgery.
I was tired of those big lips in front of my Schneider super cinelux version 1, so today I managed to do a little surgery. I did it because now it can go all the way down the FM, this mod allows me to use an 85mm lens with my 5D without vignetting. It worked great inside the FM with his lips too, but I was limited to use a lens from 100mm to above. So you don't need to this mod, I DO NOT encourage you to do this as you may damage your lens. Better be safe than sorry!

IMG_2215.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

My first test with the FM Module.  This is a few BTS, I'll try and edit the rest of the video later.  One note, a lot of the footage has the adapter misaligned.  I had my friend take the video while I was shooting photos.  He didn't tell me until later that it moved on its mount, so there's vignette and also the top of the frame isn't on the same plane as the rest of the image.  First 4K upload to youtube as well, I hope it works for those people who have large monitors.

Schneider super cinelux surgery.
I was tired of those big lips in front of my Schneider super cinelux version 1, so today I managed to do a little surgery. I did it because now it can go all the way down the FM, this mod allows me to use an 85mm lens with my 5D without vignetting. It worked great inside the FM with his lips too, but I was limited to use a lens from 100mm to above. So you don't need to this mod, I DO NOT encourage you to do this as you may damage your lens. Better be safe than sorry!

​Did you dremel that?  What was your procedure?  I've got one of these & might be interested in taking it down, too.

​Did you dremel that?  What was your procedure?  I've got one of these & might be interested in taking it down, too.

​First of all I DO NOT  encourage you to do this, as you may damage your lens, don't blame me if you do damage your lens;) I followed Richg101 tutorial on how to do this.

You can use whatever tool you feel comfortable with, I used a sort of Dremel, I protected the lens with a clean film to avoid the dust going inside the lens.

Once the lips came off, I've used a grinder to smooth the surface of the cutting parts, I then cut the little iron knob to adjust the focus at the same level and made a cut in between so that I can screw in and out the knob with a screw driver, be very careful though, don't go  to flat with it.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

I hope it helped!

Hi guys....been away with work recently so not many posts from me recently.

After a discussion with richg101 I decided to test the theory that introducing more optical faces into the Cinelux would result in nicer contrast and flares.

So I mounted a 72mm cheap UV filter to the rear of the Cinelux and as you can see...it helps considerably by introducing internal reflection. It Should also help intensify other similar lenses (ultrastar etc) - although I don't have mine anymore to test.

Very useful for those who are disappointed by the lackluster flares often found with these MC optics.

before.jpg

after.jpg

Win FM Lens!
When?
From today till 1st of March 2015
HOW?
Submitting any anamorphic video footage link (20sec. max.) to: 
fmcompetition@anamorphicshop.com
All video material of all entrants will be presented on FB ‘anamorphic shop’ for your independent vote.
www.facebook.com/pages/Anamorphic-Shop/774607322559772
WHO WILL WIN?
The contestant who will have a leading number of ‘Likes’. Winner will receive a second edition fm lens.

Lets get creative!

10915201_892988847388285_786750507978542

•  

So what exactly is the metal tube that comes with the FM for? 

It acts as a proxy cinelux diameter to mount the FM to the ring clamp. Since it is a hollow tube, you can fit any smaller anamorphic inside to be use with the FM. If you jump back through this thread, you will see how Cosimo did exactly that for his Sankor and Animex s8 etc.

So I've received my RafCamera gear that I commissioned for my FM lens and I'm glad to report it fits perfectly.

http://rafcamera.com/en/accessories/ff-gears/gear-fm-lens-88-107-32mm

It is VERY tight fit to put on (which is good) - so if you buy one, be prepared to expect that.

More pictures of it setup on my 5DmkIII

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129041403@N06/sets/72157650417068585/

16149369739_6f86eb4c2b_b.jpg