The FM lounge (Discussion of anything not related to FM price and discount)

Cosimo murgolo

What's going on there exactly?

​Sorry, I am not sure if you are asking me, but anyway if you are, I will try to explain.

Once the Sankor is naked from his metal focus ring I've placed it in the FM, I then placed the metal tubeI that comes with the FM inside, and only a part of it was sticking out of the FM, almost the same size than the black collar that come with the FM.

So I placed the black collar on the top of the metal tube, drew the holes to be drilled. 

I drilled three holes through the metal tube to let the white plastic screws go through the black collar and the metal tube, this way the white plastic screws reached the sankor and stopped it.

Now I can align the anamorphic the way I want and I can exchange taking lens easily, and since your taking lens needs to be set to infinity to work, you don't need to attach it to the anamorphic the way I did before, you can shift the FM only if you are using zoom lenses and want a different focal length.

This way the anamorphic is very close to the taking lens and I have seen improvements in the images.

I hope I helped you out, any other questions feel free to ask, i will try to answer.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for the explanation. I assume it would be a similar process with the Kowa. Not looking forward to drilling holes in anything lol

​Yeah! you are welcome! 

Maybe you won't need to drill anything with your kowa, I don't own one, I don't know the length of the Kowa, and by the way the only part that I drilled it's not  on the FM itself, but on the metal tube that came with the FM, which can easily be replaced and purchased if you need in any store. I haven't touched the FM.

I know you have some good store over there like Home Depot, which is full of good stuff.

The follow focus do a good job??

​It doesn't cover the entire range.  But since I'm not doing a super-closeup to far-landscape shot (and just try it with the huge focus throw), it's not much of a problem.  I am getting another lens gear, so I can stack the two together and it should be just fine.