The FM lounge (Discussion of anything not related to FM price and discount)

Cosimo murgolo

Kowa B&H will not fit unless you take the metal focus 'shroud' off first - unscrewing the front retainer ring (3 small screws) - then unscrew the focus shroud from helicoid by hand, leaving inner assembly. Fix the Kowa's focus to infinity with tape, then insert into aluminium mounting tube that comes with the FM lens. 

​Have you done this?  Has anyone?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That's my set up at the moment, I am very happy with it, I didn't get  how to calibrate the FM focus soon, but thanks to Hans and the anamorphic guys I managed to get the FM focus right.

Next I am going to try to fit the proskar and the sankor, if I can.

At the moment I didn't have time to make a video, very busy flying around, I am looking forward to play with my toy soon.

I am so excited !!!!

The combo in the photo includes schneider cinelux with lips and olympus 100mm f2.8.

http://2diq6hl.jpg

http://k2e1vk.jpg

IMO, EF 100 F2 is the best lens for Canon with anamorphic shootings.  It is better than EF 85 1.8.   Micro lens would not be a good choice if avoidable.

EF100 and EF85 look like the same, but EF100 has the metal thread, which is rare in modern lens.  Its edge's sharpness is better than EF85 1.8.

Kowa B&H will not fit unless you take the metal focus 'shroud' off first - unscrewing the front retainer ring (3 small screws) - then unscrew the focus shroud from helicoid by hand, leaving inner assembly. Fix the Kowa's focus to infinity with tape, then insert into aluminium mounting tube that comes with the FM lens. 

​I'm really bummed by this.  Might have to buy an Isco then.  I was really looking forward to this working with my Kowa.

That's my set up at the moment, I am very happy with it, I didn't get  how to calibrate the FM focus soon, but thanks to Hans and the anamorphic guys I managed to get the FM focus right.

Next I am going to try to fit the proskar and the sankor, if I can.

At the moment I didn't have time to make a video, very busy flying around, I am looking forward to play with my toy soon.

I am so excited !!!!

The combo in the photo includes schneider cinelux with lips and olympus 100mm f2.8.

​Damn that thing looks huge.  Can't wait to see more tests.  I'm waiting for mine I hope to get it soon.  Thanks again Cosimo for setting up the group discount!

​I'm really bummed by this.  Might have to buy an Isco then.  I was really looking forward to this working with my Kowa.

Dismantling the Kowa (or similar) to fit inside is far from ideal - but can be easy to do and straightforward to reassemble without incident. The most important thing is to use correct sized screwdriver - and not to loose the screws!

I think it may have been optimistic of the FM makers to state compatible lens brands to fit inside - it is far better to follow the maximum 71mm diameter rule.

Some digital calipers (cheap) to check the widest diameter of the anamorphic beforehand would be a good investment to those who may have a selection of lenses they might want to try inside the FM housing.

Dismantling the Kowa (or similar) to fit inside is far from ideal - but can be easy to do and straightforward to reassemble without incident. The most important thing is to use correct sized screwdriver - and not to loose the screws!

I think it may have been optimistic of the FM makers to state compatible lens brands to fit inside - it is far better to follow the maximum 71mm diameter rule.

Some digital calipers (cheap) to check the widest diameter of the anamorphic beforehand would be a good investment to those who may have a selection of lenses they might want to try inside the FM housing.

​I wish they actually tried different lenses to see which really fits.  I saw the demo so I kinda knew I'd have to get an Isco or Schneider.  Still my anamorphic collection is growing.  I'd really like to pare it down and I sure hope the FM works well.