The FM lounge (Discussion of anything not related to FM price and discount)

Cosimo murgolo

Sorry my mistake, Kowa bunga just came out as I was playing with the movie words(couldn't resist;)  I couldnt be sure which anamurphics you had but  I knew there might be some issues, assume its not a problem, maybe you where already planning to get a Cinilux or have one, at least it looks good on the camera, have you got a cinilux or blue star yet? assume the price is rising, but it will fit some others. I really wish the anamorphics could be used with a 35mm on a 1.6x or 50mm on FF, or a 35 on a FF even better, but maybe thats just an expensive dream.

Don't forget the Moller Kristof

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm sure we'll see a more advanced shim system in the coming weeks. The key here is the lens has to be close enough to 71mm to fit inside the shim that is currently shipping. Like I said, I got REALLY lucky that the Hypergonar just happened to fit the shim well enough to be ghetto rigged inside the FM. I'm incredibly stoked that the Helios works with the A7s full frame with a 1.2 crop (for 2.66 cropping in post [throwing away the edges]). The combo is such a sweet spot between clinical and dreamy.

ok, just FYI, my sankor 16D and my eiki 16F do NOT fit. The eiki is too small and cannot be used as the FM needs to rest on the anamorphic lens, something the eiki cant support, and the sankor is just to fat.

This is pretty much made EXACTLY for schneiders cineluxes and isco blue stars.

I am sorry to hear that your Sankor 16D is too fat, now I have the same projector lens and I was looking at it,  comparing the diameter with the schneider cinelux , I have noticed that what gets in the way with the Sankor is the focus plastic ring, which is attached to the lens with some little screws, since you do not need to fiddle with the focus ring once the Sankor is inside the FM maybe  you  can set your Sankor to infinity  and unmount the plastic focus ring from the lens, it should get inside the FM.

I am going to try that when I get my FM. 

Mine is only a thought, I am sure someone else more professional than me will advice you better, if you can do it or not.

I am sorry to hear that your Sankor 16D is too fat, now I have the same projector lens and I was looking at it,  comparing the diameter with the schneider cinelux , I have noticed that what gets in the way with the Sankor is the focus plastic ring, which is attached to the lens with some little screws, since you do not need to fiddle with the focus ring once the Sankor is inside the FM maybe  you  can set your Sankor to infinity  and unmount the plastic focus ring from the lens, it should get inside the FM.

I am going to try that when I get my FM. 

Mine is only a thought, I am sure someone else more professional than me will advice you better, if you can do it or not.

My Eiki MIGHT (might) work if I get some rails, as I can fit it between the metal tube that came with the FM Module, and use that tube to mount the Focus Module to the rails, then run my eiki, attached to my camera, through that tube. So its possible. The sankor hack, no part of my 16D is plastic, so I am hesitant to start hacking my favorite anamorphic lens to little teensy bits.

Oddly enough, I have a feeling that the Isco Ultra Star will be the best lens for the FM module as it 1.) (think) it fits,  2.) flares quite nicely  3.) Is sharper than a kowa  4.) Still looks wonderful. IMO the best looking anamorphic out there. Maybe im just crazy though. I've never even used one, so poopsticks.

My Eiki MIGHT (might) work if I get some rails, as I can fit it between the metal tube that came with the FM Module, and use that tube to mount the Focus Module to the rails, then run my eiki, attached to my camera, through that tube. So its possible. The sankor hack, no part of my 16D is plastic, so I am hesitant to start hacking my favorite anamorphic lens to little teensy bits.

Oddly enough, I have a feeling that the Isco Ultra Star will be the best lens for the FM module as it 1.) (think) it fits,  2.) flares quite nicely  3.) Is sharper than a kowa  4.) Still looks wonderful. IMO the best looking anamorphic out there. Maybe im just crazy though. I've never even used one, so poopsticks.

Mine is exactly like this one in the photo:

Which one is yours? Could you kindly show me a photo?

$_57.JPG

Well I'm on the list, but I have a Kowa 16-H. It was my understanding that they had solutions for all the various projection lenses, because they listed them as compatible. Truth is they don't yet. I asked, and they said I can wait until their Kowa solution is available, and they'll still honor my discount.

IMO they also need to sort out the rail mount. 1/4-20 is a crap way to do it, no way to keep the lens parallel with the rails.

Well, even after last night's testing, i am very happy with mine. its worthless wide open at f1.4/f1.8 with a rokinon 85mm f1.4 as the taking lens, but stopped up to f.2 and its all good. Sweet spot seems to be around f4/5.

But seriously, dat rack...

Hi,

I´m new on the forum.

I spoke with Mindaugas,the FM creator (I think so). to explain me what kind of lenses use for the FM and he talked about this forum.

So,

Please,can anyone tell me what kind of lens have the FM? Diopters o whatever.

Let me explain:

I have a 35mm T2.5 square-front Lomo anamorphic with the focus gear broken and just I use the front element as adapter with other spherical.

To me,this Lomo as adapter is the best,allow wide-angle like a 24mm APS to a tele lens and close up to 1m. A 24mm T1.3 with the Lomo in front is awesome.

The big issue is (as many people know here) the dual focus. Not so difficult as a Projector adapter because,the focus ring is short,just 90º or less,can pull focus very fast. 

Yesterday I found some FM video test and I said,damn!..would be awesome if we can use with Lomo square front!! Would be like have a set of Panavision in one.

Seems no way to work with Mindaugas for a prototype for Lomo.

Again,appreciate if someone can explain me what kind of lenses have this FM to maybe I try make one for my Lomo.

Thanks

R

@Hashlehoff

How did you manage with your Sankor 16D?

Did you find a solution yet to fit in the FM, or are you working on it?

I am curious to know, still wanted to know how your Sankor looks like.

Cheers!

I had to MURDER my poor sankor :<

oddly enough the flaring doesnt seem worth it under the Focus Module. Seems VERY lackluster compared to without the Focus Module.

So I unscrewed it. The center focus ring is 3 parts, 2 connected with screws. Once the are removed there is grease and oil. the sankor is essentially an extending tube under that. I used painters tape (leaves no residue) to jam it open at infinity. It was no small enough to fit in the FM. I wrapped some more blue tape on the end and jammed the metal circular piece over the rear of the sankor. It fit and stuck. Mounted it up, and looked through. IMO the Schneider seems to be the lucky winner overall for the FM. Good thing I got one just before my FM for 80 bucks! Good glass too!

Thankfully I can rebuild my sankor. Just takes some time.

I felt bad about it too. I used my Sankor to do my last video project for my junior college film class!

Here it is in all its HORROR.

I had to MURDER my poor sankor :<

oddly enough the flaring doesnt seem worth it under the Focus Module. Seems VERY lackluster compared to without the Focus Module.

So I unscrewed it. The center focus ring is 3 parts, 2 connected with screws. Once the are removed there is grease and oil. the sankor is essentially an extending tube under that. I used painters tape (leaves no residue) to jam it open at infinity. It was no small enough to fit in the FM. I wrapped some more blue tape on the end and jammed the metal circular piece over the rear of the sankor. It fit and stuck. Mounted it up, and looked through. IMO the Schneider seems to be the lucky winner overall for the FM. Good thing I got one just before my FM for 80 bucks! Good glass too!

Thankfully I can rebuild my sankor. Just takes some time.

I felt bad about it too. I used my Sankor to do my last video project for my junior college film class!

Ok, thanks for sharing this, any chance to make a video test (FM+sankor)

cheers!

Small JPEG shot. Hypergonar in the FM with a Jupiter 21M 200mm lens at f4. ISO 51200. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ey6wkk3xr4qf3s/Photo Dec 20%2C 1 09 58 PM.jpg?dl=0

And the somewhat saggy rig. Need better mounting and support 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0h7gyvsyjzfqn0q/Photo Dec 20%2C 12 48 55 PM.jpg?dl=0

taking this out to White Sands this weekend. :)

Small JPEG shot. Hypergonar in the FM with a Jupiter 21M 200mm lens at f4. ISO 51200. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ey6wkk3xr4qf3s/Photo Dec 20%2C 1 09 58 PM.jpg?dl=0

And the somewhat saggy rig. Need better mounting and support 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0h7gyvsyjzfqn0q/Photo Dec 20%2C 12 48 55 PM.jpg?dl=0

taking this out to White Sands this weekend. :)

Holy crap! That's a loooong setup :)

What's going on in the still, I like the hazy look! Did you add the smoke for the shoot, or was it just a very smoke filled room?

Hmmm...so far we know it's compatible with the hypergonar and the cinelux...Has anyone tried a Kowa B&H yet??

Kowa B&H will not fit unless you take the metal focus 'shroud' off first - unscrewing the front retainer ring (3 small screws) - then unscrew the focus shroud from helicoid by hand, leaving inner assembly. Fix the Kowa's focus to infinity with tape, then insert into aluminium mounting tube that comes with the FM lens.