Best 4k phone with add-on lenses

D.B.

How that the CM1 seems like a video dud can someone recommend a 4k phone for video with add-on lenses available?  Now that I'm back in NYC I am constantly discovering things to shoot and want to make sure have the best phone since I don't like always having to carry a camera.

Also, would a 4k phone need a telephoto lens or would zooming in (finishing in 1080) during post or using the digital zoom when filming work just as good?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Just get used to carrying it more and you'll be fine. A much better solution for producing images compared to a cell phone, you should pay the small inconvenience of carrying it if you care about image-making at all, if you don't and just want to capture moments, an Iphone is the best and most convenient. Carry an LX100 in your jacket pocket/small bag and be done with it, that's my advice.

• Administrators

If walk-around run & gun is your thing I recommend the A7 Mark II with the 5 axis stabilisation. Bigger than a phone and an extra device to carry but in my view, good stabilisation for that kind of thing is more important than 4K. The 4K you would get from a phone would barely be any more detailed than 1080p and it would look compressed, clipped, limited dynamic range, video-ish. Interchangeable lenses on a large sensor are the way to go for video if you don't want it to look like rubbish.