Does Cinema EOS mark the end of high spec Canon DSLR video?

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Like Final Cut X?

That worked out well for them.

You mean the time they released a product that the internet and professionals were collectively unhappy with, and yet it sold incredibly strongly and made lots of money for Apple?

The userbase may have switched from pro to pro-sumer or amateur, but it's not like they saw a major decline in number of users...

No, only the quality of users and work. I would've never believed 6-7 years ago they will lose Fincher to Premiere.

​For sure. But FCP went from a professional application marketed towards a nice market, to a pro-sumer application that was able to tap into a much bigger market.

And it worked, despite what everyone has said about it - I personally made the switch to Avid, and never looked back. But you can't say FCPX was a failure for Apple as it simply wasn't, despite the talk about it all over the internet and the fact that it had become much less of a professional tool.

You mean the time they released a product that the internet and professionals were collectively unhappy with, and yet it sold incredibly strongly and made lots of money for Apple?

The userbase may have switched from pro to pro-sumer or amateur, but it's not like they saw a major decline in number of users...

​They are not mutually exclusive. You can sell products to the prosumers and amateurs without taking away the pro-software. As a "professional" I don't care how much software Apple sells if I don't want to use that same software.

• Administrators

What the Apple guy's referring to is the capacity for innovation at Apple when you have a less general-concensous based way of designing products. Ask people what they want sometimes is not the right thing to do. Giving them something they didn't expect is more innovative and in the long run can be more profitable too.

Yeah..I remember reading somewhere about the invention of the fork, yes the fork. Apparently a Roman princess from some barbarian province first brought it to the royal court, terrifying everyone with her "two-horned satanic stake". I think it was banned for some time before finally being accepted, with Italians using it for pasta and English adding a third "horn". So much for market research. ;)