Sony A7II gets in-body 5 axis stabilisation and S-LOG 2

Andrew Reid

Andrew, what makes you believe it will be "worse" in terms of low light than the A7s (which came with the mail today... uffff)?

A7s does full sensor readout without line skipping. That's what makes the low light and image quality in video so much better than other FF cameras like A7 and A7r. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A7s does full sensor readout without line skipping. That's what makes the low light and image quality in video so much better than other FF cameras like A7 and A7r. 

That's what they tell us. It would be so funny if the A7II actually looked just as good. Marketing of new electronics can be full of little white lies. 

Remember how the D810 improved the video with the same 36mpix sensor? Yup, how's that possible?

my problem: 

I have a brandnew sealed A7S box right directly next to my keyboard. Open or send it back... Ahhhh!

I do be afraid of the fact that the A7II is as good or at least compareable to the A7S. 

Well, I own a Olympus M5 and all I can say: The IS is unbelievable good. Fast AND Stabilized primes... amazing.

Anybody heard of a release date? 

Ive asked a friend in HK who deals with camera equipment and he said February. 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

The A7s has higher resolution/sharper 1080p, an option for 4K output, massively better lowlight performance, better dynamic range, and you can always get a stabilized lens anytime.

If you don't need 24 mp stills and can live without the IBIS the A7s is a better video camera. Life is short, no one knows if you'll ever live to see tomorrow, just go out, shoot and have fun! That's my advice!

• Administrators

Was just about to purchase an A7S. How long do you think before we see the A7S II? Any thoughts on waiting for the version 2 or getting the current one? thks

It's not really rocket science... if you need the high ISO performance and 4K HDMI output get the A7S and don't wait on the II because it could be years yet! If you really prefer to have steady shots without a rig or anything to stabilise the camera on your body whilst shooting with non-stablised lenses (maybe you don't have any Canon OIS lenses to use on it via the Metabones adapter) then get the A7 II but wait for the reviews because until it has been put through its paces we won't know what the image quality is like... original A7 was rubbish for video quality, big difference between that and the A7S internal 1080p let alone the 4K output!!!

That's what they tell us. It would be so funny if the A7II actually looked just as good. Marketing of new electronics can be full of little white lies. 

Remember how the D810 improved the video with the same 36mpix sensor? Yup, how's that possible?

There is no way A7 II  is going to look better. It will skip lines to get 24 fps. The max burst on A7 II is 5 fps. A7s does full sensor readout. This is not "they tell us" it's a fact. Line skipping produces moire and aliasing. A7s will remain a better video camera.