Black Magic Camera lense mount mean I wont buy it

markm

Shijan
It's not 2.5 Whan its in raw I've found out it has to be converted to 1920x 1080 so you gain nothing.

Just my guess work here. Super 16mm frame size is 12.52 x 07.41 mm so Super 16mm lenses need to have a larger rear dia than 12.52 at a guess say another 3 to 4mm to give it the headroom on the sides. So with that assumption only super 16mm lenses with 18 to 19mm rear diameter would cover the BMC.

I have a set of superspeeds

Zeiss 25mm  has              20mm Dia
Zeiss 16mm  has              18mm Dia
Zeiss 12mm  has              17mm Dia
Zeiss 9.5mm has              17mm Dia
Zeiss 10-100mm zooms    14mm Dia

I doubt the 12mm and 9.5mm will cover without framing to 35.1 then maybe some cropping might be neccesary.

However I doubt many super 16mm lenses will cover the BMC as most have rear diameters a lot smaller than the zeiss superspeeds.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2432x1366 gets de-bayered into about 1920x1080. When converted to RGB you'll have close to a 1920x1080 image.

My superspeeds at least the 25mm and 16mm will cover the BMC sensor size and I'll likely get away with a 2.35 image with the 9.5 and 12mm

i don't really understand the 2.5k thing - if it is always 1920x1080 why is it called 2.5k?

if i shoot to pro res is it going to be 1920? no problem but just wondering? also can someone suggest some decent EF lenses? i will get the tonkina 11-16 wide for starters

The BMC captures a DNG file. a raw digital image may have a wider dynamic range or color gamut than the eventual final image format, and it preserves most of the information of the captured image instead of the camera deciding. Raw image formats save what is captured from the sensor, and the metadata.