Schneider Kreuznach 2x cinelux, how sharp is it?

So you would say that kowa for bell and howell is same resolution as Schneider just that the look is different. And would you go with schneider over kowa. Just asking since  i am think to buy just one lens to have for life ;) but i am really leaning toward kowa but 600 to 700 dollars over schneider which can be bought for 200.

IMO, shorter is better.  So Kowa 16H (or compatible) is the best choice if affordable.  If want cheap one, 1st ISCO integrated lens, 2nd Schneider's.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think there are more factors than just sharpness (in my opinion). I have a Kowa B-H (had 3 copies before), a red isco ultra star, and a schneider cinelux. In my experience, the cinelux is the sharpest, but then the Kowa B-H lets you go wider (up to 28mm on BMCC) and doesn't have the weird uneven distortion like the ultra star / cinelux do...

I think there are more factors than just sharpness (in my opinion). I have a Kowa B-H (had 3 copies before), a red isco ultra star, and a schneider cinelux. In my experience, the cinelux is the sharpest, but then the Kowa B-H lets you go wider (up to 28mm on BMCC) and doesn't have the weird uneven distortion like the ultra star / cinelux do...

What is with the strange distortion? I've noticed that as well. Makes any sort of panning or camera movement unpleasant aesthetically

I think because 16H can go wider, if use the same prime lens, it shows less distortion.  So to reduce distortion, just don't use up to anamorphic lens's edge, leave some space.  For 16H, is still wide enough.  So I always think wide angle is most important factor to choose a project lens.  That is 16h's advantage.