Sony Fx30, Pana s5 ii, Fuji xh2s

Stefano Capasso

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i have realized that i need to add too  much money for buying one of these camera, after selling my xt3. So now i cannot do this upgrade, unless i go for panasonic S5 which seems nice camera now at very low price. AF of it it is not as good as the other camera, but if it is similar to xt3 than can be ok and the upgrade worthy considering that i should add little money.

What do you think?

8 minutes ago, Stefano Capasso said:

i have realized that i need to add too  much money for buying one of these camera, after selling my xt3. So now i cannot do this upgrade, unless i go for panasonic S5 which seems nice camera now at very low price. AF of it it is not as good as the other camera, but if it is similar to xt3 than can be ok and the upgrade worthy considering that i should add little money.

What do you think?

For me, the S5 (and the S1) is still a great camera, the AF is good for photos. For video it's OK if you have enough DOF or if you use 4K 60fps. 
I have both the S5 and the S5II and I much prefer the video quality of the S5 with most profiles. The S5II has too much details processing for my taste, except in V-Log.

4 hours ago, Stefano Capasso said:

some people says af in s5 is horrible, some says it is ok..for me if it comparable to xt3 i can live with it, not the best but i have used it most of the time satsfactory

The original S5 is probably the best value out there today, especially if you buy it used.

The X-T3 has better autofocus but people that say the S5's autofocus is "horrible" only say that because they won't accept anything that isn't Canon or Sony level or they didn't take the time to learn its quirks. It is pretty reliable if you are doing talking head type work and if there's decent contrast between the subject and the background. Good lighting also is a big plus. Pulsing is pretty minimal.  It also has excellent focus assist tools for focusing manually. A great option!