Funny Cinematographer parody video

jgharding

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It was well shot, but the original was so pretentious and narcissistic, many thought it was a parody. 

It was too much. However, all this seems* to be a matter of taste and of portioning. When Coppola said (in the doc on Apocalypse Now), that there was nothing more terrible than a pretentious film, he obviously wasn't talking about image films (as they are called in german, maybe one of the many german anglicisms, can you confirm this? In german Image always means personal appearance, Imagefilme are made to polish the reputation or prestige of companies, professions or political parties). A cinematographer - the name derives from the filmmaker, not just the photographer, the Man With A Movie Camera (Dziga Vertov) - must indeed tell himself, that he creates the world, that he is the master of light and shadow. To paraphrase Faithless: God Is A DoP!

*No, it isn't just bad taste. Working in this business has a nimbus. Film (audiovisual communication) produces images, role models, opinions, conscience. It's despicable, it attracts pretenders (therefore the pretentious clip). You have to stay aware of how many impostors call themselves cinematographers, actors, editors, directors. You have to dissociate yourself from these assholes, you should never try to impress them!

Brilliant. Thanks for posting that. I remember seeing the original when it was first uploaded and curling up in the corner of my room as I died of embarrassment. I am in fact now officially dead and have been for the past few months. Could somebody please report the suspicious nature of my demise to the relevant authorities? That man should be locked up ...

Where can I see the original version?

I haven't seen the original, either, so I'm parroting the same question.

If it's in YouTube or Vimeo, with what name should we look for it?

That parody apparently works much better if one has seen the original, the source of that parody.

Guest 560a4aedcb80685284629074497fdc75

Tommy Wiseau, the guy who directed The Room (a film so bad one early reviewer famously concluded "watching this film is like being stabbed in the head") now claims that he intentionally made it as a black comedy. It very obviously wasn't made as a comedy, but it does make me wonder how the guy who made Being a Cinematographer is dealing with his new-found infamy.

Never underestimate the power of denial ...