Canon will come again

zenpmd

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

They keep making glass. I hope the recent onslaught of new lenses continues.

If they start using Sony's sensors and implementing some useful video features (though ML guys will provide that anyway) into DSLRs it won't be fair. Not to mention the ML guys are always able to hack the bodies exceptionally well. It's really not the end of the world b/c Canon has the technology to make a great DSLR if they want to. Just look at what they can do with compression on the C100.

I wonder whether Sony would be happy with Canon using their sensor and I suspect Nikon may have negotiated something with Sony to prevent it? Who knows. But it made sense to tie in with Nikon as Nikon needed (and always have) some sort of USP to make people buy their cameras rather than Canon (which is why they are always cheaper, sometimes substantially so), and its why they've also been quite innovative lately, I think. But for me the 5s really is a perfect camera, superb AF, wonderful ergonomics, just noisy shadows and DR issues are its only downside from a stills perspective.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Canon is using a Sony sensor the G7x. Sony semiconductors is a sensor manufacturer that produces image sensors and sells them to ANYBODY who wants to pay. It's a separate independent business. So can Canon buy and use Sony sensors in their DSLRs? I believe so, but I don't believe they will do it since Canon has been committed to producing their own sensors in ever DSLRs they're ever made since 2001 (point & shoots and compacts from Canon have sensors from various manufacturers, just speaking of DSLRs and video/cinema cameras) It's their history and way of working, they make their own sensors. They would have no reason to stop now since Canon sensor department is producing the most successful selling sensors in existence (5D mk II, III, rebels, 7D, C300, etc) if they continue to make the same amount of profit and same success they have absolutely no reason to close down their sensor manufacturing business, whether that'a good or bad for us is another story.

Point is don't expect a Sony 36mp sensor in a 5D mk IV.

I have no faith, i have wandered from the path. I use C100s for nothing but convenience (plus Ninja for lovely quality), and unless Canon rise again and roll away the rock an FS7 will come next.

I loved my 550D, but all things must die...

The 5D MK iv will not be an inspiring product for video makers. I'm happy to state it outright and wait to proven wrong. I'm sure I won't be.