Cinematic Wedding Film Shot in India on GH4

rishabhsood

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi, Im watching it on the phone and the dialog seems very loud and it just pops out right at you, other than that its pretty lovely video, I like the colours and the mood, btw whats your workflow with lightroom, do you export as sequence and then colour grade each clip(group of pictures) or theres different way?

Hey, after uploading noticed the audio problem, will re-upload the entire thing with corrected audio.

Also, exported each sequence and color graded it and then back to premier for a render of entire thing.

When I was a projectionist, one or two times a year there was an indian private screening. They delivered the film copy not in tin or plastic cans but in a bag that looked like an ancient potato sack. The dialog used to be as loud and as distorted as here. The images were as colorful, magic and, yes indeed: cinematic as these.

As the years passed and cinema became digital, the indian contact person came with a shiny new harddrive within a shiny new pelican case. The DCPs were always perfectly state of the art, but the sound hadn't changed. So I guessed the Indians liked it that way.

@rishabhsood

Some colors are nice, but most of them look awful. A matter of taste? Perhaps. Imo you may oversaturate your images as you see fit. But leave out the shadows. Yes, shadows may be blue, but if this blue is too strong, everything looks like a reflection in a soap bubble. Or as if you just ate poisoned mushrooms.

Got to agree with the comments above. The misty clips are fine, the brighter clips are a bit oversaturated, but more or less tolerable. But the clipping audio track is destroying the whole video. Be it a cultural preference or not. Without the distorted speaking voice track, and perhaps with slightly toned down saturation at some clips, it would be a nice engagement video.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

Here is the rough cut of the final video - You can have a look, feedback would be appriciated.

Well, I won't go into details, but just a quick suggestion about one thing; don't be a hipster, use slo-mo sparingly. 

There actually *is* such a thing as too much slo-mo.  ;)

Some of the slo-mo clips in that piece were absolutely fine, but I think there was too much of it, and in some cases it just looked daft. Case in point, the first twelve seconds of the video. A couple pacing slowly across grass, in slo-mo.... seriously?

I know it's the hip thing of the day, but too much is too much. Don't use it just for the sake of having slow motion, or as a workaround to minimise handheld jerkiness.

May be a matter of taste, but that's my 2c.