Which wide angle lens for 60D

mdcosmo

I just got back into filming in after over 30 years. Yes I am a bearded pudgy 50ish geek from 70s film school. I am going to be shooting a a series of DVDs for a successful Aquaponics personality. In september I will shooting about 9 different greenhouses around the country in a tour-interview documentary style. I won't have my main budget available to me until right before the trip so I want to get familiar with DSLR's. After countless hours of online research and a few hundred hours of shoots I have done recently with a sony HDRFX1, I have decided with my limited budget in had my immediate camera will be the following. Canon 60D with the Canon USM L EF 24-105f/4 from the canon refurb program with the loyalty discount for $1374.00.
This will future proof my lens choice so I can later get a 5D Mark?. Now the dilemma. I will also need a good wide angle lens to shooting in the greenhouses when they are small. I realize I may not be able to future proof this choice as I don't want to spend $2000 for a lens yet. These shoots will be in bright light and I want to shoot some slider and jib shots. Later on those choices. Maybe I should just buy this lens for the APS-c camera. These are the ones I have been looking at.

Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16 2.8
Tamron SP 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 DI II Canon-ef
I realize I will need a ND filter most of the time so I am going to bite the bullet and buy the Heliopan 77mm Variable Gray ND Filter.
I believe the Canon USM L EF 24-105f/4 will be used for most shots and interviews.
I have listed below the other gear I have chosen for these field trips. Trying to remember I will be flying a lot and shooting by myself for most of the time.
Please comment on these if you wish.
Monopod Manfrotto Fluid Video Monopod W/Head 561BHDV-1

Tripod Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 3-Section Carbon Fiber Tripod with
Manfrotto MH055M8-Q5 Photo-Movie Tripod Head - good for low shots and over the grow bed shots.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
The bottom line here is difference between APS C vs FF and equivilent field of view, so if you don't go for an EF-S mount you've got to go even wider in an EF mount, that has implications on quality and price. Something to way up which lens on the mounts at your price point performs best at the equivilent fields of view.

Also consider difference in constant apeture lenses against cheaper variable apeture.

Personally for wide angle I'd go for an EF-S mount and then when you upgrade to FF keep your APS C camera as a B cam and continue to use the WA.

Or if you were to sell it then the lens should hold better value as everyone on a budget would be in the same predicament.

Tokina 11-16mm is future proof, and its the best wide angle available,
on a full frame, i've seen it used, only downside you will need to zoom it to 16mm, 11 true 15mm wont work due to FF.

I cannot verify this, but you can research it!
If im not mistaking Andrew made a review about it.