Lens vibrating while zooming | Auto focus does not work

macnerd

Tonight, I was filming with my gh3 and after about 30 minutes of use my camera started acting up. While filming I tried to zoom in on a client an then my lens 12-35mm panny started vibrating. Looking through the viewfinder the image was vibrating on the screen an out of focus as well, I turned it off, took the lens off and still the same thing. I can only film in manual but I cannot zoom, please help as I have no idea what caused this problem as it was working perfectly fine.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

all the settings are the same, I was actually filming and the problem just started.. the zoom barrel turns fine. when i turn the camera on i can hear something like a motor running, like its trying to recoiling something.. when i zoom nothing gets in focus , it just blurred image of the object

all the settings are the same, I was actually filming and the problem just started.. the zoom barrel turns fine. when i turn the camera on i can hear something like a motor running, like its trying to recoiling something.. when i zoom nothing gets in focus , it just blurred image of the object

Does the manual focus work?

What is working and what is not working?

Maybe there are some gears jammed on lens. Try to shake the lens when switching on. My Pana 100-300 autofocus jams too and it works if I shake it.

If the lens has OIS and it's on, turn it off and try again. I take it you are not zooming the lens whilst recording, right?

Anyway, if that doesn't help, it might be a moisture problem or something. Try letting both the lens and the body be in some warm-ish and dry place overnight, and then try again. Clean the contacts. Or finish the shoot with manual prime lenses. Try if you can find another mFT body to test the lens with, and vice versa.

ok so how are you zooming this lens - I take it you are turning the zoom ring on the lens

describe if the image is shaking only if you are moving the zoom ring or when the zoom ring is not moving?

yes i'm turning the zoom ring an the image only shakes when I turn it, also the image doesnt stay in focus.. last night it was shaking a bit when I wasn't turning it but now that has stop , its only shaking when I turn the zoom ring on the lens, doesnt matter if its in manual or AFS/AFC mode