Fx30

SRV1981

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Django said:

60p output will always have the dreaded soap opera camcorder look. Just convert the file in a 24p timeline if you want it to look "cinematic". Even the ZV-E1 knows this and switches to 23.98p when you enter cinematic mode.

I am sorry, I will not cripple motion for  people like you who judge a look solely by archaic motion. And the fact that the silly Sony camera made for vloggers on YouTube does this might actually be cause for you to rethink your judgement. 

It is ludicrous to say the video has a soap opera camcorder look. Did you learn this in film school? - "the dreaded soap opera look". Give me a break.

archaic motion? 24p is still the current cine standard. double frame rate output is literally what is called the soap opera effect:

Creating frames in-between the 24 original frames makes the movie (24FPS) look like a soap opera (30/60FPS), and this is something that many viewers don't like. 

Why does 60fps look like a soap opera?

It's due to motion. Soap Operas use cheaper cameras that shoot in 60 FPS rather than film that is 24 FPS. Basically, you've become accustomed to the dreamlike motion of 24 FPS being interpolated for 60 Hz TVs and now attribute higher frame-rates like 48 FPS to that of a lower quality production.

haven't we been through this before? not sure why you're getting so offended, you're the one throwing the word "cinematic" around. Sure takes more than a LUT to achieve the look. correct fps is a good place to start but hey keep ignoring this advice and do as you please. just don't get mad if people call out the videoish look of such motion, I'm far from being alone on this. in fact you are probably the only person I know around here or even on YT who consistently outputs 60p on a cine cam.

FX3 & FX30 just got a major 3.0/2.0 update today that adds Anamorphic De-Squeeze, True 24p, 4K DCI Recording.. and Breathing Compensation:

Excellent news for users wanting more cine features and this really starts to tie these cameras to the rest of the FX line. 

Pretty sure this is the first time an alpha camera gets DCI 4K. About time! 

5 hours ago, Django said:

Excellent news for users wanting more cine features and this really starts to tie these cameras to the rest of the FX line.

Makes it a BIG BOY CAMERA now with 4K DCI + 24fps + anamorphic desqueeze

4K DCI & 24fps makes a lot of sense, as VENICE/FX9 owners would demand this as important in their D Cam crashcams. Of which the FX3/FX30 is otherwise perfectly suited towards being. 

5 hours ago, Django said:

Pretty sure this is the first time an alpha camera gets DCI 4K. About time! 

It is not an Alpha camera. 

VENICE is an "alpha camera"!! haha 

Yeah nah, we know what is meant by "alpha camera". 

It means their cameras which start with "a" at the front: 

a7, a7r, a7s, a6600, a5100, etc 

(roughly speaking, gets a bit more fuzzy with some of their recent releases named such as "ZV-E1")

Yeah well I still consider FX3/FX30 alpha cameras, I'm pretty sure they are managed by the stills division not the cine line.

In any case since they are branded FX and marketed towards that, I do think it is good Sony are finally giving those cameras actual cine features like DCI 4K etc. Why they are still withholding shutter angle is a bit of a mystery though..

Its like we can't give away too much too soon.